Complaint Review: intoxalock

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: cubalaw — phila Pennsylvania United States of America
intoxalock

intoxalock total rip-off New levels of thievery! des moine, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: previous intoxaloc customer who never needed it but wasn't informed

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Lawsuit

*UPDATE Employee: Thank You

*Author of original report: PROBLEM RESOLVED

*Author of original report: Excellent idea!

*Consumer Comment: Maybe???

*Consumer Comment: No sympathy here....

*Consumer Comment: You are mistaken.

This company preys on people who are required to have ignition interlocks due to a DU. They charge a monthly fee which is fine. BUT, they are not satisfied with that. They gauge you by having "Lockouts " occur. Each lockout costs an extra $100.00 not to mention missing a 1/2 day of work to have it installed. There are a large number of people planning to sue this company under a CLASS ACTION. I'm looking into joining them. Basically you MUST have the system, so they abuse they any way they can. I must say though, there is a woman named Julie Ann in customer service who truly does try to go out of her way to help you, but her hands are more or less tied. She's an honest and decent woman.  Stay away from this company, they are no good!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/intoxalock/internet/intoxalock-total-rip-off-New-levels-of-thievery-des-moine-Internet-901740. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on intoxalock

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

previous intoxaloc customer who never needed it but wasn't informed

AUTHOR: MissFox - ()

hey I recently just posted my inconvenience with this company.  how do I join a class action lawsuit?  I do have a lawyer who is investigating this matter as we speak.  but I'm wanting to help anyone else whose had horrible experience as I have

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Swaintek - ()

I just got off the phone with a customer service rep who flat out refused to give me even her name, and then when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told that I could be transferred to voicemail.  I asked her to please have the supervisor contact me when available, and asked when that would be.  Not only did she refuse to even give me a ballpark estimate, she wouldn't even give me a day when the supervisor would get back to me.  My car has been sitting, dead of course because this product is a piece of junk that ruins car batteries, in a Car Toys parking lot for 4 days now.  3 days ago I had another hour long phone call with another very rude Intoxalock rep who insisted that it was basically my problem and that my battery was the cause of the recalibrated device not working.  It took me putting the Car Toys technician on the phone with her to confirm that it was not my battery, it was their faulty device, before she would even listen to me.

At that point she guaranteed me that they would overnight a replacement part and it would be in by Saturday.  It's Saturday, no part, my car is still sitting dead in a bad part of town, and I couldn't have had a more rude conversation with a customer service rep than the one I just had.  The customer service rep made it very clear that she could care less about my issue and made it clear that I was an inconvenience to her.  I am beyond fed up with this joke of a company.  They have a captive consumer base that has no other options and they feel they can treat their customers like garbage.  I will at a minimum be filing in small claims court, I would love to file a class action lawsuit.  I've already emailed a class action attorney, and would love it if anyone else who has had similar experiences with intoxalock contact me at (((email redacted)))

Class Action Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Swaintek - ()

At that point she guaranteed me that they would overnight a replacement part and it would be in by Saturday.  It's Saturday, no part, my car is still sitting dead in a bad part of town, and I couldn't have had a more rude conversation with a customer service rep than the one I just had.  The customer service rep made it very clear that she could care less about my issue and made it clear that I was an inconvenience to her.  I am beyond fed up with this joke of a company.  They have a captive consumer base that has no other options and they feel they can treat their customers like garbage.  I will at a minimum be filing in small claims court, I would love to file a class action lawsuit.  I've already emailed a class action attorney, and would love it if anyone else who has had similar experiences with intoxalock contact me at (((email redacted)))

AUTHOR: IntoxalockbyCST - (United States of America)

Dear cubalaw,

My name is Juli, I work for Intoxalock and I would like to thank cubalaw for posting about our resolution conversation. I apologize for the service you described and I am glad that I was able to help bring the issues to resolution. As discussed, Lock Out regulations are set by each individual state and we as a company do not set those rules.

We never want any customer to feel as though they were mistreated and I invite you to please contact me at 877-777-5020 if you have any further concerns with your situation.  We understand that having this type of device installed can be a lifestyle change for any person and it is our goal to make each and every one of our clients experiences with the Intoxalock as seamless and smooth as possible.

PROBLEM RESOLVED

AUTHOR: cubalaw - (United States of America)

I in a furious state of mind I posted about intoxolock. Julie, from the company has since contacted me and the problem was resolved. I thank her very much for her assistance and professionalism.

Excellent idea!

AUTHOR: cubalaw - (United States of America)

Bring it on!!

Maybe???

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Maybe Team Rebutt should take  a test before rebutting, to prove that they are sober???? Just a thought

No sympathy here....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I base this on the friends I've lost due to drunk, stupid drivers like yourself.

I applaud the judge who "required" you to have this system installed and hope they continue to "gauge" you every chance they get. BTW, how exactly, are they  "gauging" you?

I hope you are "required" to have it forever if it keeps you from killing or maiming someone.

Go to hell....drunk!

Who are in this "large number" of people planning a class action.  Provide a link to the information on this.

Should there really be a class action and it makes its way to court and is settled, the lawyers will get millions and the class will get a coupon for a free small fries at McDonalds.

You are mistaken.

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Basically you MUST have the system, so they abuse they any way they can.

You are mistaken.  NOTHING states that you MUST have this system installed.  The court gave you a CHOICE as to whether you wanted it or not.  Just as you had a CHOICE whether to drink and drive.

Contact the court and tell them that you don't want it any more.  Do let us know how public transportation, rides from friends, and taxis work for you.

You got caught - suck it up.