Complaint Review: Invicta Services Limited

• Updated: Mon, May 16, 2011

• Reported By: beware001 — Los Angeles California United States of America
Invicta Services Limited
50 E 42nd Street suite 2105 Internet, New York United States of America

Invicta Services Limited Katherine Steele, Loan Officer Stole Money from Me Internet, New York

*Author of original report: Invicta Services BBB Complaint

*Consumer Comment: Just another stalling tactic

*Author of original report: Invicta Services Limited Update

*Consumer Comment: That's correct.

*Author of original report: Fraudlulent Address Invicta Services Limited

I want to alert anyone that is doing business with Invicta Services Limited , located in NY NY , to not do like I did and send them any money, I was promised a loan from them , was issued Loan Docs , and then was told to go to Western Union and wire $1,080 , like an idiot I did this , I then did as I was told , I contacted Katerine Steele the loan officer to tell her , she said that she would do a rush on the loan and have the funds in my account by 9am the next day , I said ok and we hung up.

Well it is now the next day and no funds , so I called them back and after several attempts I finally spoke to Katherine Steele , who told me that now I would have to pay $1,016.00 more , because the lender request that I take out insurence lol , what a joke I should have seen it coming, Katherine told me that they would pay have of the fee and that I would have to pay the other have , I told her I just wanted the money back and her first words were that I would have to talk to customer service .

I did just that and CS told me it will take 7 to 21 days to return the money , I then got Lisa , who sounds like a man on the phone to tell me that they have put a RUSH on it and that I should have the funds back in 1 week.

I learned a lesson today never pay money for a loan.

BEWARE OF INVICTA SERVICES LIMITED

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2011 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Invicta-Services-Limited/Internet-New-York-10017/Invicta-Services-Limited-Katherine-Steele-Loan-Officer-Stole-Money-from-Me-Internet-New-725660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invicta Services Limited

Invicta Services BBB Complaint

Mr.
At this time, the matter is being looked into. However, since this may be of an
illegal nature and we advise you contact the FTC in conjunction with your
complaint with us. Furthermore, if we do receive contact from the business it
will be forwarded to you via our system online.

Regards,

Better Business Bureau Serving Metropolitan New York

30 East 33rd Street, 12th Floor

New York, NY 10016

Just another stalling tactic

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Did you go to the FTC site?    Are you still under the impression you're dealing with an actual lender?

The reason they want to stall you for a couple of weeks is that they probably have a couple of other fish on the line and don't want to have to ditch their phones and email addresses yet.   When they're ready, they'll start up again with new phones, new (fake) company names and a new website.

This scam has been reported hundreds of times on this site with the exact same details that you gave.   Plug the following report numbers into the search box on this site and see if anything sounds familiar.

726669
719787
718521
718235

Invicta Services Limited Update

AUTHOR: beware001 - (United States of America)

Another update I have been working at getting a refund from them for the money I sent to them by Western Union, and tonight I received this from them:
To Mr.

We do apologize for the delay, however, we have submitted your refund and
everything will be refunded back to you in full within 7 to 14 business
days.
This will include the refund of your collateral payment and as well as the
service cost.

Again, sorry for the delay, but the refund is in process and will be
returned promptly.

SONIA
CUSTOMER SERVICE

That's correct.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

That is because this is not an actual company.   It is a group of scammers that try to get their victims to send them untraceable cash (via Western Union or Moneygram).   It's unlikely that you'll being seeing your money again.

This is called the Advance Fee Loan Scam.   In real life, it would be illegal for a lender to require large cash payments up front as a condition for a personal loan.  That and the fact that they insist on using Western Union or Moneygram, is the tipoff.   Legitimate lenders don't do either of thos things.

The FTC has a webpage about this particular scam, here :

Fraudlulent Address Invicta Services Limited

AUTHOR: beware001 - (United States of America)

Just as an update to all who have been contacted by Invicta Services Limited  We have found out that Invicta Services do not have an office at the address that they list on their website or on the loan docs that they give you , they are a complete fraud. The party that belongs to this address is Mount Batten Institute , and they have know  knowledge of this company what so ever.