- Report: #1084265
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: iolo Technologies
iolo Technologies7470 North Figueroa St. Los Angeles, California USA
iolo Technologies Sold Wrong Product, Is Totally Non-Responsive Los Angeles California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I intended to buy "System Mechanic Pro" from this vendor. They delivered (and billed for) the "System Mechanic" product (note the absence of "Pro"). They use a billing provider (avangate) that is in the Netherlands.
Now it gets interesting:
1. Tried to create an account; it never confirms the account.
2. Tried to log in with that account; it never allows me on.
3. Tried to get a "Password Reset," to re-start the account; the don't SEND any eMail with the required information.
4. I created a whole NEW account; it never confirms the account. I used that to create a "Case" in their system about the inability to do a "Password Reset."
5. Tried to log in with that account; it never allows me on after the first establishment of the account.
6. I called the local phone number for them (they don't offer any toll-free number), and waited on line for several minutes; it was clear they were never going to answer.
7. I went to my credit card company and filed a dispute.
This has all the hallmarks of a scammer: Doesn't provide service they promise, misbills purchases, uses an off-shore billing service, and remains incommunicado.
Some people claim the product is good, but what good is it if their public face is: "We Don't Care!"?
I'll never deal with this scammer again.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iolo-Technologies/Los-Angeles-California-90041/iolo-Technologies-Sold-Wrong-Product-Is-Totally-Non-Responsive-Los-Angeles-California-1084265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.