• Report: #1091979

• Reported By: Bill — victorville California
iolo
7470 N. Figuroa St. Los Angeles, CA 90041 Los Angeles, California USA

iolo System Mechanic SCAM... BAIT AND HOOK Los Angeles California

After an uninvited solicitaion via the internet I made a poor decision to try this program. That was my first mistake. I downloaded the trialversion to test it.

As promised, the software freed some resources and got my pc running smoother. I was pleased yet skeptical at this point. There were multiple invitations to purchase that day. I shrugged them off.

I wanted to prove the program before letting any cash go. After a week of testing and getting acceptable results I decided to allow my cash out for a license.

All went well for a gew weeks. I installed on my second laptop. I was a happy camper, and began to recommend the program.

Shortly after that? Having shrugged off many offers to spend more money to extend my newly purchased license and upgrade to the latest version...

lo and behold I had a thank you email ( received at 4:05 am) for updating to version 12 and the new version was on my system! This raised a barrage of red flags! I instantly knew something was awry.

Later that day I recieved an email advising me to disregard the previous email. That it had been sent mistakenly. I called to report the incident. I was repeatedly asked for my information to better assist me.

By this time I was not letting my nick name out, let alone any other info. I continued to get persons in the middle east as representatives. After repeated calls I finaly got information that was supppsed to put me in contact with the offices im Los Angeles.

That did not improve amything. The person I spoke with had lost more of the accent, yet failed in providing amything even remotely satisfiable for the situation.

I decided this was not a company worth dealing with. I uninstalled the software. My machines soon began to crawl. Taking 5 minutes to boot. I then decided to do recovery. Now my machine will not boot.

E

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iolo/Los-Angeles-California-90041/iolo-System-Mechanic-SCAM-BAIT-AND-HOOK-Los-Angeles-California-1091979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iolo