Complaint Review: IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL

• Submitted: Tue, May 31, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, May 31, 2011

• Reported By: Dave — Hollywood Florida United States of America
IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL
3230 W. Commercial BL VD, Suite 360 Oakland Park, Florida United States of America

IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL outrageous charges for credit card pay phone call Oakland Park, Florida

Charge $21.82 for a one minute call from Miami airport to my cell phone in Miami.  After reading the Rip Off reports (and reports on other complaint sites) I call them and made it very plain and simple.  I didn't complain, I didn't rant and rave, I did get angry but I was very firm.  I told them I was willing to pay $7.00 for their call, which was still and outrageous charge but that I would willingly do it.  They offered a 35% discount (about a $7.00 savings).  I then reiterated my offer and was firm that I was not negotiating or playing games.  I told the operator that I would willing pay $7.00 and I wouldn't contact the credit card company or the BBB or they could opt for nothing instead.  He offered a 50% discount.  I then came back very firm and said apparently you are not hearing what I am saying.  If you want to play games, then you are going to get nothing.  You have a choice.  You can get $7.00 for this call or you can get nothing.  He put me on hold once or twice, I guess to check with a supervisor, and then came back saying that they would credit me $14.82 but that it would take 7-10 days.  I'll be checking.  If they don't credit it, I'll be contacting the cc company to challenge the entire charge.  Yes, $7.00 is outrageous for a 1 min call and they're still making a killing but my advice is to play hardball with them and tell them exactly what you're willing to pay.  It seems that they'll come down to your price.  They did on mine (at least I'll know in 10 days if they did).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IOS-ILD-Teleservices-IDL/Oakland-Park-Florida-33309/IOS-ILD-Teleservices-IDL-outrageous-charges-for-credit-card-pay-phone-call-Oakland-Par-734997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IOS, ILD Teleservices, IDL