Complaint Review: Iowa Steak Company

• Submitted: Mon, December 12, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: Dissatisfied Consumer — Glen Carbon Illinois United States of America
Iowa Steak Company
1441 29th Street West Des Moines, Iowa United States of America

Iowa Steak Company Rip Off from door to door salesman representing IA Steak Co. products sold low quality inferior meat West Des Moines, Iowa

*General Comment: iowa steaks 3144390257

A man came to my door saying he had delivered some products in the neighborhood and was trying to get some additional customers for Iowa Steak Company.  He had a freezer in the back of his truck with the name "Iowa Steak Company" on it.  He brought out a large box with several smaller cartons of meat and tried to sell me the large box, but I was reluctant and tried to just get him to leave without my buying anything.  But, he was very persistent and ended up telling me that he would sell me just the one box of bacon wrapped filets for a bargain price of $40 cash.  He insisted the meat was high quality, showed me the US govt. inspection sticker, told me I would be more than pleased with the quality, blah, blah, blah.  So, I broke down, spent the cash money and bought the box of boneless bacon wrapped beef fillets.

When I cooked four of them up for dinner a few nights later, I found them to be terrible!  They were small to begin with (less than 4 oz.) but after taking out the sections that were unchewable, grizzled, and fibrous, they were not even a mouth full.  All of those I cooked that night were well below standard, very hard to chew, and simply a rip off for the price.  I was very disgusted that I was suckered into buying them and questioned whether or not they were even legitimately from Iowa Steak comapny or if the guy had bought them from some other place and just had them put in an Iowa Steak company box.

I see from other reports that this has happened to other people, so I guess it is somewhat of a common practice.  I just can not imagine how this company can allow such meat to be offered to the public and have the nerve to say that it is top quality.   I will never be a sucker for this pitch again from anyone.  Expensive lesson to learn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 11:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Iowa-Steak-Company/West-Des-Moines-Iowa-/Iowa-Steak-Company-Rip-Off-from-door-to-door-salesman-representing-IA-Steak-Co-products-808522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Iowa Steak Company

#1 General Comment

iowa steaks 3144390257

AUTHOR: lee - (United States of America)

i have been looking for employment and there is always this ad for delivery/sales $775-1075 week 2 drivers needed company vehicle provided must be clean cut and valid license call  so I googled the number and now I know why they are always seeking drivers. Its door to door and according to the reports on Ripoff Report their product is junk if it seems to good to be true it is too good to be true...