• Report: #502064

Complaint Review: Ipage - Ipowernet.com

• Submitted: Wed, September 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 30, 2009

• Reported By: Brian — Mayodan North Carolina U.S.A.
Ipage - Ipowernet.com
(Address not published) Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Ipage - Ipowernet.com .ipage.com Web Hosting IPage Ripped me off, they took my money and the account was never activated, and they don't like refunds. Phoenix, Arizona

I have paid for a web host on September 13th 2009 and I paid via paypal echeck and that took a few days and then once it was processed and cleared I was ready to start my web site really happy and ready to bring out my website only to find the domain name had not been reserved and the account hasn't even been activated so I contacted them about this and this was the email they sent me:

I am writing this email in response to your inquiry on support ticket #------. We are sorry but at this time our site is not quite ready to accept new customers. Our engineering team is working on this and we apologize for any confusion. Could you please forward us a link to where you signed up? Also since you said you made a PayPal payment. Can you please forward a copy of the PayPal receipt so we can investigate that further as well? We will work on getting this taken care of as quickly as we can once we hear back from you. [continued below]....

If you have any further questions, please update the Support Console.

Sabina Perry
Billing Specialist

and I am frustrated and kept calling and chatting with them and eventually she was working on getting my account activated and then at around 13 days since the account was purchased she tells me over the phone that there is no record of payment and that they were investigating it to see if I really paid for their account which I did. That frustrated me even more that now they claim they received no record of payment and they were working on the issue as always and so I decided to want my money back and all the sudden she said it will take 7 to 12 business days which would give them plenty of time to escape with all the money they stole from their customers. So now I am opening a dispute with paypal about this but IPage has to authorize the refund which I know they will never authorize so I am planning on contacting the FBI since these people are total con artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2009 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ipage-Ipowernetcom/Phoenix-Arizona-/Ipage-Ipowernetcom-ipagecom-Web-Hosting-IPage-Ripped-me-off-they-took-my-money-and-t-502064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ipage - Ipowernet.com