Complaint Review: iPod Battery Depot

• Updated: Wed, June 25, 2014

• Reported By: Erin — New York New York
iPod Battery Depot
23785 El Toro Road #423 Lake Forest, California USA

iPod Battery Depot iTool Battery Kit iPod Battery Depot SCAM ALERT! Was charged and shipped an item I did not order. Lake Forest California

I ordered a battery replacement for my 6th gen video ipod. It was presented as on sale for $15.99 w/ $6.95 shipping, I purchased this battery through my paypal account.

It wasn't until I recieved the package that I realized I had been scammed.  First, in the package was the battery replacement BUT also a car charger. I did not order a car charger. On the receipt in the package I was charged for the battery, shipping but also $6.95 for the car charger. So overall I was charged $29.89, instead of the correct amount which should have been $22.94.

And when I checked my paypal account for this purchase it stated I was charged $22.94 for the battery (then $6.95 for the shipping), instead of $15.99 for the battery for which it was listed at (and difference turns out to be the $6.95 for the car charger that IS listed in the receipt in my package).

To scam me this company overcharged me $6.95 for the battery through paypal but then indicated the charge for the car charger in reciept provided with the package.

When I called to speak to customer service - they indicate that customer service is only for those who want to make a new purchase, for anyone who is inquiring about something already bought (for any reason) you have to see the website.  However, I even tried to contact customer service by selecting the option for new purchase - no luck. I was unable to get in touch with anyone or leave a message, although I was told by the automated voice that my phone number was being recorded for customer service purposes -- creepy!

I have also submitted three support tickets and have heard nothing. When reviewing the refund policy - there are a bunch of red flags, in that there are many ways they can charge you - (processing fee) - just for trying to return the item.

Its been less than a week since I lodged my first complaint, so there still may be some developments. In the end it is not a lot of money (thank goodness) but this is a serious scam that from the reviews I have read, has been going on for some time. This company/website needs to be closed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2014 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iPod-Battery-Depot/Lake-Forest-California-92630/iPod-Battery-Depot-iTool-Battery-Kit-iPod-Battery-Depot-SCAM-ALERT-Was-charged-and-ship-1157376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iPod Battery Depot