Complaint Review: IPS Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, September 03, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: GameStreams.co — Chicago Illinois
IPS Inc.
PO Box 2365 Forest, Virginia USA

IPS Inc. Invision Power Board, InvisionPS, Invision Power Services Wrongfully terminated account, holding data hostage, No payment notifications Forest Virginia

Ordered webhosting services, which includes software they provide on July 31'st, at 10:01 PM. (note the date time) for a community site which includes forums, blog, and whatnot. Used the service for a month with no problems... Never got no email notice that a bill was due, was waiting for an invoice because I wanted to switch from Paypal to a credit card. Never came.

To my surprise, on August 30th, I woke up and my site was down and a huge page on the site said..

THIS ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED. Like I am some criminal who violated some heinious crimes. This message was blasted to all my clients who I have emailed my articles that teach people how to broadcast live from their homes. This was very insulting.

1. 30 days is not even over yet. Its Aug 30th daytime, Aug 31st, 10pm would be appropriate.

2. I received no notifications that payment was even due.... Dont these companies that rely on recurring revenue in 2013 have this feature?

3. I received no notification that my site was taken offline.

4. I received no notification that my site was SUSPENDED, embarrassing me to the public.

So, I contact these guys and make payment immediately, thinking it was due, and that it really ticked me off, so I let them know that this is bad business on their end and if it happens again he can 'GFY'

Which means, your billing sucks, if it continues this way, im gone....

Of course the payment does not go through right away, (fraud detection) of course, being the excuse of these boneheads who in 2013 still don't know how to identify a fraudulent order in a blink of an eye, waste ahlf my day waiting for my site to be restored... Finally about 6-8 hours later, i seen they got my email and restored my service... But it did not end there.

Rhett Buck has replied to your support request.

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble here, however most payments are manually approved to prevent fraud, I have approved your transaction however and your site is now online. You can use the "top up" feature to add credit to your account, then any payments due would be taken from that credit, or you can put a credit card on file as well to have the invoices auto charged to your card to prevent the site from expiring.

Regards,
Rhett
Hosting & Support Manager
Invision Power Services Inc

So its all done, they apologize and hopefully got the jist I was not happy how this was handled and hopefully they correct the error (turns out its not an error, more drama below...) But no, the fun just begins...Now the supercop of the show over here at IPS, a guy named Lindy Throgmartin who obviously has serious reading comprehension problems decides he gets to play cowboy with my livelyhood. Here's the scoop... Its now 24 hours later and late at night...

1. Again I accidently clicked on the forum link when working on something else find again "ACCOUNT SUSPENDED".

2. I was never notified or given any data, turns out Lindey is holding it hostage

3. I check my email a few hours later, he must have been watching to see when i noticed. and

a email comes in from Lindey, saying that my account has been suspended for threatening

"You threatened our company and instructed us to "gfy." Now you're being disrespectful and using profanity. Perhaps profane tantrums yields positive results with other companies you deal with, however, we are not interested in doing business with those who cannot conduct themselves appropriately."

Not sure where this threat comes in to play, I told him if it happens again as stated above then "GFY" This guy has serious issues, but what is quickly discovered follows.... Lindey has a past problem with gamers, seems he rubs them just like he is rubbing me, and all his other self created issues... Guy is a drama queen no doubt, who loves to abuse this authority and any power he has over you, (in my case my data) More communication went thru, I played his little game and learnd that all of this was all pre-planned.... First of Lindey, your first mistake is that I am a live broadcasting site, and this had somewhat to do with games, but how that makes me a gamer, is only in your mind... He quickly is stereotyping me, and appears this is how they run their business. Your a jerk to them because your a gamer. Now once they don't like someone., they fuck with them. Who knows maybe they are firewalling the background so your site can not function or grow, I am unsure, but it was apparent that Lindey has a serious problem with people DOS'ing (computer jargon for attacking his network causing it to not respond due to being flooded by vicious connections to use all resources available) So, he is going to take out his past created problems on me... And trest me like a criminal. So I now am in his mind of that person. A criminal.. And although I violated no terms, he makes up that I violated terms of a threat to hijack my data and play his cop games.

He illegally violated our agreed TOS by suspending me on fictisious threats, and has kept my data hostage, all the articles I have written for the past 30 days, and caused massive punitive damages to my broadcasting community.

I truly believe as he seen my site was dealing in gaming, that he purposely made sure I got no billing emails so I would be suspended and can only guess that having complete control of the infrastuture, resources, and software, he also could completely cause my business to fail or stagnate or be unobtainable from parts of the world.. they're capabilities are endless when in full control.

He said that the y(IPS) have had problems with gamers, (gamers make up what about 65$ of the hosting industry consumers??? who after he mistreated (can see that clearly by how he is acting here) have attacked them. So that is the reason he suspend my account. Not for terms, or whatever, but because I am a gamer who usually ends up harassing him down the road..

So who else do these guys have have problems with? Any political sites using them? Maybe Lindey does not like cats or dogs? is he abusing his power on these customers.. I'd be very wary..

If you suspend someone it is your duty to immediately give them the data of their site. It is not yours, you are hosting it. You are not a benefactor in any way shape or form, no dues are owed to you and you are the one suspending the site...

You forcefully are abusing your powers of control,causing damage to a company by forcing it offline, and hosting the data hostage.. You have now already and are now causing more punitive damages as the hours pass.

While I have my own legal counsel, and will be seeking discussions with them, I have open ears to anyone out there with relevent issues with this company and compare notes, as I think we have a serious case of discrimination as well against IPB

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IPS-Inc/Forest-Virginia-24551/IPS-Inc-Invision-Power-Board-InvisionPS-Invision-Power-Services-Wrongfully-terminated-1081402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IPS Inc.