Complaint Review: IREMCO/Tom Elfrink

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Peter K — Saint Peters Missouri
IREMCO/Tom Elfrink
15510 Olive Blvd Chesterfield, Missouri USA

IREMCO/Tom Elfrink Kelly Mauer Price Gouging/ Blackmail/ Exorbitant Charges/ Theft/ Unprofessional Chesterfield Missouri

In August of 2013, I submitted notice that I would be vacating the premises @ 195 Harvest Moon Ct, St Peters MO (a single unit condominium rental) at the end of the month thus "breaking" my lease agreement.  I did in fact move out at the end of August, 2013.  After notifying IREMCO, I received a collection letter stating that I owed $1072.50 for an early termination fee plus forfeiture of a $695 security deposit for a total of $1767.50.  I emailed Tom Elfrink (owenr of IREMCO) and asked what incentive I had as lessee to clean the property upon move out if I was already forfeiting the entirety of my security deposit (which covers cleaning) to which I received no response.  Consequently I moved out without cleaning the property since I was already out the $695 deposit.  Subsequently I was notified that I would be billed for future cleaning unless I cleaned the condo. I responded that I would go ahead and clean it in that case.  I then received no reply for IREMCO.

A couple of weeks later on September 30, 2013 I received a non-itemized cleaning bill for $900 (which is for cleaning only as there was no damage to the property as reported by IREMCO).  Furthermore, it is non-specific as it states $250 for “cleaning” followed by $375 for “Unit cleanout”  and $200 for “trash removal” for a total of $825 (plus $75 for “wall prep”...I had moved all of my belongings out completely except for a few bags of packing paper inside of trash bags and a few empty boxes and a single swivel chair - that's it.  No damages, nothing unusual.)  This is in addition to the aforementioned $1767.50 for a total penalty of $2667.50 which I believe to be improper and  exorbitant.  Cleaning should not be more than a couple of hundred dollars at the most as there was no damage reported by IREMCO. Furthermore, I offered to clean the condo myself and received no reply.  I had already mailed an check in the amount of $1072.50 made out to “Tom Elfrink / IREMCO” which he claims, after receiving my check, that he cannot deposit.   Additionally, IREMCO has stated that they will submit my bill for $2667.50 to collections and will report me to the credit bureaus if not paid in full by October 31, 2013, thus an effort to ruin my credit in the process while the final bill is under dispute.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IREMCOTom-Elfrink/Chesterfield-Missouri-63017/IREMCOTom-Elfrink-Kelly-Mauer-Price-Gouging-Blackmail-Exorbitant-Charges-Theft-Unpro-1088781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IREMCO/Tom Elfrink