Complaint Review: irishpeat.com

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: Kirby — Tampa Florida United States of America
irishpeat.com

irishpeat.com Avoid this company Internet

Like others, I have had a similar experience with this company.

I ordered the Summer Bale Out Special. (It was a large order and there would be no shipping charges.) Weeks went by with no delivery. No responses to e-mails and my telephone calls went to a garbled voice mail. The merchant (DRI) was responsive, but I dont feel they helped. I contacted my credit card company (USAA) and received a temporary refund. I then telephoned a different peat company (based in Maryland). Since I reached a human being, I ordered from them and got my peat in a few days. Oddly, a few days later I received a delivery of peat from IrishPeat. I then submitted a requested written report to USAA detailing the events.

In the end, my credit card was charged the original bill, but at the same time USAA gave me a credit for half the order. Overall, financially, I got a good deal. Also, it was real turf, not briquettes; and packed in burlap sacks. But it was too much of a hassle. I am more satisfied with the service of Irish Turf Distributors, Damascus, MD; even though they sell briquettes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/irishpeatcom/internet/irishpeatcom-Avoid-this-company-Internet-1001795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on irishpeat.com