Complaint Review: Ironhaus

• Reported By: Heather A. — Carmel California United States of America
Ironhaus
113 Lewis Lane Hamilton, Montana United States of America

Ironhaus Poor quality craftsmanship, worse customer service Hamilton, Montana

*Author of original report: Thankfully, wonderful follow through from owner

I ordered a custom set of doors for a client and they arrived not to specifications.  When I complained, I was pretty much told, "too bad for you, that's the way we make them".  So I paid a blacksmith over $1000 to modify the iron so it would fit the opening.  Yesterday, after the doors had only been installed for 4 months, I received a report from my client that the glass in one of the doors shattered from the heat.

When I contacted Ironhaus, they said they only guarantee the product for 90 days, and again, too bad for me.  I will be out several thousands of dollars to make this right for my clients, but I care about my reputation, even if Ironhaus does not.  I may have ordered again and again throughout my career.  They didn't just lose this customer, but my whole client book as well.  Really unfortunate!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ironhaus/Hamilton-Montana-59840/Ironhaus-Poor-quality-craftsmanship-worse-customer-service-Hamilton-Montana-1014225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ironhaus

Thankfully, wonderful follow through from owner

AUTHOR: Heather A. - (United States of America)

After posting my report of disappointment in the service and quality from this company, I was contacted by the owner who bent over backwards to make it right for me and my clients.  He spent a lengthy amount of time listening to me and working through scenarios that might work to fix the quality issue.  It is good to know that when I am unable to get any kind of resolution from a line employee, that managment is willing to step in and get involved on a level others may not be authorized to handle.  It is good to feel heard and even better to be able to tell my clients that their fireplace doors will be repaired quickly and at no cost to them.