Complaint Review: IRS Problem Solvers

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: Disappointed Customer — Torrance California
IRS Problem Solvers
16800 Valley View Avenue La Mirada, California USA

IRS Problem Solvers Phil Liberatore, CPA Continues To Swindle His Clients Out Of Thousands Of Dollars Although He Purports To Be A Christian La Mirada California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 30 years

I owed the IRS a tax debt for sometime, and while driving in my car I heard a commercial on a Christian radio station about the services that could be provided by Mr. Liberatore s office. I contacted his office and made an appointment and was told that I would be required to pay $250.00 for the initial consultation. I met with Sonya Scott and she informed me that the firm could not reduce the lien due to the amount of the lien, but that she would investigate the matter in order to resolve the debt. During the consultation she told me that in order for the firm to take my case that I would be required to pay an additional $500.00.

I trusted the reputation that was alleged by the Christian radio station and Mr. Liberatore s firm, whereby signing a contract and power of attorney, but after a month of purportedly working on my file, I discovered that the only thing that the firm did was negotiate a settlement without informing me of the amount until after the negotiation, not even knowing if I had the ability to pay the amount. Negotiating a settlement is something that I could have done on my own, and I did not need to pay $750.00 for this purported service. I would not recommend this firm to handle any of your IRS or bookkeeping matters.

It really is a shame that Mr. Liberatore purports to be a Christian, but somehow still managed to swindle his Christian customers out of their hard earnings without a referee of integrity. Giving a purported consultation prize consisting of Mr. Liberatore s book, kettle corn, and a chocolate candy apple, is simply not what I bargained for or paid for. Please also note that their charge to do basic bookkeeping services starts at $225.00. I wanted to share this so that you do not succumb to the emotional and financial stress and strain that my family did and will continue to endure because of this firm s unethical and non-Christian practices. Please also note that the services that they provided did not merit the one star that you see as my rating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/IRS-Problem-Solvers-/La-Mirada-California-90638/IRS-Problem-Solvers-Phil-Liberatore-CPA-Continues-To-Swindle-His-Clients-Out-Of-Thousa-1058123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on IRS Problem Solvers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

30 years

AUTHOR: Phil Liberatore CPA - ()

We have been in business for over 30 years and advertise on Christian radio. Only reputable firms have the privilege of advertising on Christian radio stations. Our testimonials are all real stories of clients that we have helped. All problems are unique even if the situation is similar.

As a part of our consultation, we inform our clients of their options utilizing the information provided. As noted in the accusation below, we informed him/her that we could not remove the lien during the consultation. This client was informed of what we could do, which was an installment agreement. During this time he/she has the option to retain our services.

Our firm communicates all fees up front and gives the client the option to retain us. Our retainer agreement clearly states the service we are providing and the cost to perform the service. We do not perform services without a signed agreement. We strive to provide a resolution based on our client’s unique situation.