Complaint Review: Island Furniture Galleries

• Submitted: Sun, April 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, April 29, 2007

• Reported By:New York New York
Island Furniture Galleries
604 Broadhollow Rd Melville, New York U.S.A.

Island Furniture Galleries Two failed delivery dates, constant lies, missing in action Manager Melville New York

I ordered dinette set from Island Furniture in Melville on 4/7/07 with delivery date of 4/21. On Friday, 4/20, the day before scheduled delivery, I called the company for info on time of delivery and was told to call the following morning after 10:30am for an approximate delivery time. I called on 4/21 at 11am and salesperson had no record or knowledge of my delivery. I waited and finally got a call back from the manager, Julio Kim, who told me there was a mishap, and agreed that someone should have called me. He promised a second delivery date of April 27, Friday, after 6pm. I left work 2 hours early to be sure I was home in time for 6pm. I waited until 10pm. No delivery. No call. I tried calling the company, no one there to answer and no capabilily of leaving a voice mail. Saturday, 4/28 I called and again spoke to Julio Kim. There are not enough words to describe how frustrated I was at their unprofessionalim and blatant lies. Mr. Kim told me to come into the store for a refund of my down payment. I told him that I could not come on this day, the 28th, but that I would be at their store on Sunday, the 29th. I asked him to make sure he noted my paperwork and had my down payment in an envelope for me. He again assured me that he would let his staff aware of my visit.

I cannot even believe that when I arrived their today at 2pm, Sunday, April 29th, not only was Mr. Kim not there, but not one salesperson in the store had knowledge of my situation. They tried reaching Mr. Kim via cell phone, to no avail. I left the store asking that Mr. Kim call me on my cell ASAP. It is almost 7pm and still no word. I've been getting the run around from this company and their constant deception is unacceptable.

Linda
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2007 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Island-Furniture-Galleries/Melville-New-York-11747/Island-Furniture-Galleries-Two-failed-delivery-dates-constant-lies-missing-in-action-Man-246124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Island Furniture Galleries