Complaint Review: Island Vacation and Cruises

• Updated: Tue, May 07, 2013

• Reported By: carrie_2124 — Galloway Ohio
Island Vacation and Cruises
283 Cranes Roost Blvd Altamonte Spgs, Florida USA

Island Vacation and Cruises Win a vacation, pay taxes, find out you bought a package and need to pay more Altamonte Spgs Florida

I signed up to win a free vacation at a event I went to and 2wks later I get a call saying I won.  After a 30min phone call telling me all about the trip and everything I get I was told that another women would be calling me to confirm all my info and take my payment for the taxes.  I know that taxes have to be paid when you win something big so I didn't think anything of it.  So the women called me and I paid the $398 in taxes and fees and was told I would get my packet in 7-10 days.  Well over a month past before I got the packet and I tried to book my trip.

I was then told that I was going to have to pay a fee of $70 for not giving a 60 days notice to book the trip and then the hotel taxes and taxes for the car rental plus attend a 90min time share.  Pretty much a total of over $200 more for this trip.  So I told them I just wanted a refund because I was told that I won the trip and what I paid the first time was the taxes.  The women (who was very rude) told me that I had to request my refund within the 30 days from the time I paid (but it took me over 30 days just to get the info so I had to way to ask for a refund) and that the women who took my payment never said anything about it being a free trip or that the payment was for the taxes.

I told the women that I am aware that the women did not say this that the man I first talked to did and I asked for a couple of that conversation since she had one of me talking to the women but of course they don't record the first phone call where they tell you all the crap about winning a free trip.  I have reported them to the BBB and a few other places to try and get my refund and if that does not work I will be contacting a lawyer to get my money back and trying to shut this company down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Island-Vacation-and-Cruises/Altamonte-Spgs-Florida-32701/Island-Vacation-and-Cruises-Win-a-vacation-pay-taxes-find-out-you-bought-a-package-and-1049036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Island Vacation and Cruises