Complaint Review: ITechline

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Maria — Albany New York United States of America
6701 Democracy Blvd. suite 300 Bethesda, Maryland United States of America

ITechline Found Microsoft # on line - Itechline answered & stated my computer hacked into over 15,000 times since 2011. Bethesda, Maryland

Found Microsoft help # on line.   Called the # and thought I was talking with Microsoft.

I told representative that Time Warner Cable changed my passwords to see if new passwords would help get my emails out of my "out-box".

Since changing passwords didn't help, TWC  stated either I had to delete all my emails or  call Microsoft to ask for their help so my emails could be sent out from the "out-box".

Representative on phone (which I thought was Microsoft) showed me lists of dates and times my computer was hacked into.  The list was "highlighted in red" and the representative on phone kept saying someone else has been on my computer over 15,000  times since 2011.   The representative showed me the  date in 2011 when I was first hacked in to.

Their urgency with which the representative described the problem led me to believe it was necessary to pay $149.99  to immediately take care of the problem.  They convinced me I needed 3 months of their service to monitor and keep the hackers from coming back in to my computer.

I was promised a detailed report with the invoice.  Report was received from Itechline but it wasn't detailed  as promised.   After a few days of trying to reach someone at Itechline, I was told they'd send a detaileld report.

Detailed report was received but it was erroneous and incomplete.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 10:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITechline/Bethesda-Maryland-20817/ITechline-Found-Microsoft-on-line-Itechline-answered-stated-my-computer-hacked-int-1000897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITechline