Complaint Review: iTek Computers

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: Clara — Connersville Indiana
iTek Computers
915 Western Ave W Connersville , Indiana USA

iTek Computers iphone screen repair, "we fix computers", computer repair, laptop screen replacement, virus removal, computer upgrades, general computer service Connersville Indiana

*Author of original report: Owner is a lying theif

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Itek

I first came to iTek Computers on  July 3, 2014 to get my iphone 5 screen fixed because it's cracked. They told me not a problem it would cost $180. They asked me for $100 deposit that day. I have it to them. They told me the deposit was so they could order the new screen and they order the screen from over seas so it would take 2 weeks to come in. They said once the part comes in they eould call me.

I did not sign any contract or papers.

After 2 weeks, on a Tuesday, I came back and no phone call I went back to the iTek Computers building. I got there and they told me my phone came in.  I was thinking to myself "I should have got a phone call that my scteen came in." I said great can I get my phone fixed, they said "the guy who fixes them won't be here til 3" so I told them I would come back Thursday.

I came back Thursday and they were closed, the store hours said they were open and theit open sign was on, however the building was locked up. [continued below]....

..... I went back  about 5 times that day and the same thing every time happened.

So about a week later I went to the building and demanded my deposit back and they refused. There is no sign that states the deposit isn't refundable. I said why can't I have my money back and they said "we already ordered your part" and I said well I'm sure someone else will come to get their iphone 5 screen fixed and you will get your money back. He saI'd "we are a small business and we can't garuntee that someone will."

he told me to come back next Tuesday and he will get it fixed forsure. I brought it back Tuesday, dropped my phone off to him, and hour later I got a phone call that said he would be closing the shop up at 2 (they don't close til 6 on tuesday). I went and got my phone and he told me to bring it back tomorrow (Wednesday).

its  Wednesday 10:47, the sign says they are open from 10 til 6. however the building is locked and their open sign is not on, I've been here since 10. This is not acceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iTek-Computers/Connersville-Indiana-47331/iTek-Computers-iphone-screen-repair-we-fix-computers-computer-repair-laptop-screen-r-1166057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iTek Computers

Owner is a lying theif

AUTHOR: Clara - ()

I brought it Tuesday at 12:30, no way of knowing he was going to the FAIR, there was no sign on the door staying that the company would close early. I dropped it off, received a phone call about an hour later to come pick it up so he could go to the Fair, which was the first time I heard anything about The company going to fair. I went to pick my phone up and he told me to come back tomorrow. I went there at 10am when the company opens, the company was closed. Called several times but got no answer. I waited til 11Am then left. I went back about 11:15 and when I got there a sign on the door said "closed for extermination."

Come to find out while I was waiting there for an hour waiting on owner, he was at the BFW eating breakfast hitting on some woman. That's when my mom called him very unpleased!

Hes trying to take advantage of me and my money since I'm young and thinks he can. We aren't going to without a fight MIKE!!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Itek

AUTHOR: iTEK Computers - ()

We offered to repair the phone. The young lady was supposed to drop the phone off on Tuesday at 10:00 am in order for the repair to be performed that day. She brought the phone in at 12:30. Knowing my company was sponsoring the event that day and closing at 2:00 to fullfill our commitment we asked her to bring the phone back the next day. Her mother called and demanded it be taken care of. I made arrangemnets for her to drop off the phone today at 10:00 am and they never showed up.