Complaint Review: ITP--Internet Telephone Provider

• Updated: Sun, October 13, 2013

• Reported By: scamsniper — Oklahoma
ITP--Internet Telephone Provider
2920 Avenue R ste 140 Brooklyn, New York USA

ITP--Internet Telephone Provider, (formerly Linefire) Internet Telephone Provider Deceptive Business Practices Brooklyn New York

When you place an order with ITP online, there is no rolling total, and upon submitting the order, there is still no total. When you get an email confirmation of the order, again there is no total much less a break down of the individual charges. This is absolutely deceptive, and I've never done business with someone like this before.

The charges were more than they communicated. They said shipping would be between $12-$15 and that the activation fee would be $29.95. They will not refund on either one of those charges. The basic service I ordered would have been $9.99 except I used a promo code for two free months and they failed to honor it. In addition, they will charge you for tax whether or not your state has it, and I was told by my ISP that they don't have it in my area. [continued below]....

.....

When I saw that they billed me $61.89, I went online and discovered all these complaints about them and refused the equipment shipment they had already made when UPS arrived. I have confirmation they've gotten the equipment back, but I haven't been issued a refund on whatever else they've charged me for in addition to the first month's service that was supposed to be free in the first place, and which I never even used. i.e., they don't refund for activation and shipping, but according to the above, this shouldn't be more than $45.

This is apparently not the only site that has posted negative comments against ITP, and it would appear that ITP was once called Linefire, a business whose service and website shutdown in mid-2007.

In sum, if something appears fishy online, it probably is. It's good we have a forum here online to warn others about companies that care more about deceiving and taking in more people and less about providing transparency and accountability to customers. ITP you would fit right in with our rogue government.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 09:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITP-Internet-Telephone-Provider/Brooklyn-New-York-11229/ITP-Internet-Telephone-Provider-formerly-Linefire-Internet-Telephone-Provider-Decepti-1091388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITP--Internet Telephone Provider