Complaint Review: ITT Technical Institute

• Reported By: Anonymous — Lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
ITT Technical Institute
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania United States of America

ITT Technical Institute Deceit, Lies, Trickery King of Prussia, Pennsylvania

This school tricked me into signing up for private loans with interest rates of 11-16%. If they would have explained what they were doing or how much my payments would be, I would have never went to the school. I went for Multi Media which was the first year they offered it. They didn't have the proper programs or computers. The textbooks were a joke, written especially for the school.

Most of the teachers were of another ethnicity and had very hard accents to understand. It would take the first 2 weeks of every class to become used to the accents and understand them properly. I had teachers that QUIT right in the middle of teaching the class. For my one math class I had 3 different teachers.  Some of the teachers liked to yap on their phone or text throughout the class as well. Sure there were several good teachers that taught properly, but it was a waste of money.

This school and ALL ITTs trick unknowing students into horrible financing and poor quality schooling. I learned more for multi media before I even attended the school. I had to go back for a real degree and pay another school so that I could be properly educated.

Most importantly DO NOT SIGN A LOAN WITH SALLIE MAE!!! My 40,000 loan has now ballooned into 70,000 with interest! They want me to pay $866/mo and I don't have that. Who does? That's rent..or a mortgage. I wouldn't mind paying for something that was worth the money, and that I wasn't tricked into...but not this.

I am not a personal that wishes I could go back in time and "redo" things. With that being said, the 2 years I spent at that school will most likely ruin a major portion of my financial future. I was scammed, screwed, cheated & I want to warn others NOT to make the expensive mistake I did.

This happened to me because I wanted to further my education as quickly as possible. That's exactly what they rely on, vulnerable students who are looking for a change in their life. Take a really good look around the internet at all of the complaints against both ITT and Sallie Mae. I wish I would have known then, what I know now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2011 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ITT-Technical-Institute/King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-/ITT-Technical-Institute-Deceit-Lies-Trickery-King-of-Prussia-Pennsylvania-780640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ITT Technical Institute