Complaint Review: Ivory Brites

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 03, 2009

• Reported By:Trimont Minnesota
Ivory Brites
263 West Olive, #130; Burbank, California U.S.A.

Ivory Brites Scam Advertising, no true trial period, charge nearly $100 two weeks later, no refund so far Burbank California

*Consumer Comment: Another ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Wow

*Consumer Comment: To "Read Everything"

*Consumer Comment: Read everything

*Author of original report: I am quite sure Luminous Brites is the same company now

*Author of original report: Possibly went by a different name

I was very unhappy with the SERVICE of Ivory Brites. I wish they had been more up-front and honest about the way they do their charges. For one thing, they start counting your 14 or 15 day 'risk-free' trial the moment you order it, NOT when you receive the product, so in actuality you have maybe a week to quickly decide if you like it. Then you are suddenly faced with two withdrawal on your credit/debit card: one for $88.97 for your next shipment of Ivory Brites, and another for $9.99 for belonging to some company that they own called Axis Wellness, which you never even attempted to join. I have emailed Customer Service three times to get a refund; so far they have contacted me once by email to tell me that they have canceled me, but have not answered my request for a refund for these charges.

They claim that they have listed their terms twice on their website. I knew that I never got any information of their charges by email, so I went back to their website and began to apply again for another trial, this time trying to specifically watch for what they were talking about. I found out why I missed it the first time. First of all the box that they claim I checked, is ALREADY PRE-CHECKED for you - so I never noticed it and certainly did not check it. Also, the print is tiny, and further down the page, so you'd want to be looking for it. Next, their terms are printed in tiny print, and paler color text, so it is not very noticeable.

Also, I was led to try the product because of an ad I saw of a local (a town near me) housewife trying it plus one other tooth whitening product to get her teeth white. It seemed like an honest ad, and since it was from a neighboring town, I fell for it. Since then I have found the exact same ad with a different woman's name from a different town in another part of the country, so I realize this must be a Scam advertisement put out by Ivory Brites and they probably own the other tooth whitening company as well.

As far as the product goes, I only tried it once. One of the forms melted when I was trying to adjust it to fit my mouth per their instructions. So I only have one form, and it burned my gums, and I did not try it again. Maybe it works - that I don't know.

If you are thrilled with the product and willing to pay nearly $100 per month for it (including your unrequested membership to Axis Wellness), that's great. Just be prepared to be charged nearly $100 for it exactly 14 to 15 days once you order the 'risk-free' trial.

Fourbluesixpink
Trimont, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 08:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ivory-Brites/Burbank-California-91502/Ivory-Brites-Scam-Advertising-no-true-trial-period-charge-nearly-100-two-weeks-later-n-454257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ivory Brites

Another ripoff

AUTHOR: Edwinmeyer - (U.S.A.)

I too was robbed the almost $100, and little miss "shame on you" needs to actually READ and comprehend ALL of the complaints before speaking. (I say "comprehend" because even a 9 year old might be able to read this but comprehending is a whole new ballgame)
I counted day 1 of the fifteen day "trial" from the day that the $4.99 shipping fee was charged too my account Even "shame" cant logically claim that this date is not a valid "day 1".
After 13 days I made my cancellation, recieved the confirmation email and on the 14th day was STILL CHARGED the almost $100.
Even a "shame"full person like myself cant be convinced that 13 and 15 mean the same thing.
Since Ivorybrites and its subsidiary "accesswellnessportal" have chosen to intentionally defraud the public I have taken it upon myself to notify CNN, USNews,
And FoxNews that Ivorybrites is using their names and logos on their webpage advertisement in an obvious attempt to defraud the public.
I Have a feeling that "shame" is either somehow affiliated with the company in question or else is a professional "free sample" scammer.
Any one of you do a search on Google and find the link leading to this site....click on it and see where it takes you........
Someone has hacked the link to ripoffreport so that you are directed to a spam link instead of here, Maybe the hack isnt on all servers, but it is on mine.

Wow

AUTHOR: Kswv - (U.S.A.)

Oh you are ridiculous. If you can't read, then don't order online. You say I'm wrong.... but who got scammed? NOT ME! Make sure to read the fine print and uncheck all the checked boxes and you will not get scammed. Go ahead and throw in your ignorant comments but I will not be reading them.

To "Read Everything"

AUTHOR: Integrity - (U.S.A.)

Your comment is not helpful, "shame on you? what is that, no do not answer, you are wrong completely wrong, The way for a company to tell when you received your product is when they SHIP it, not the day you order, It depends where you live in conjunction with where they are, it can take up to 7 days or even more if you are in a rural area, it takes up to a week for me to send a letter to someone in my own town , this is because it has to go to the "main hub" in the large city, so I mail it in my post office they send to the "main hub" (there word not mine) then it comes back to my post office and they deliver it.

There are ALWAYS extenuating circumstances that have nothing to do with the consumer (not saying the consumer is always right), this a SCAM, have you read all the stories, I have proof that even from my order date I ONLY got 12 days before I canceled and they still took the money "THE DAY AFTER I CANCELED".

As for when you canceled and still got your product, most people are not up on the how to's of getting something for nothing, which YOU said does NOT happen and then you say that is just what YOU did, so if you did fine BUT most people are looking at a sample to TRY, that is what they are for, that is NOT what is happening, the products that are marketed like this are done so for the SOLE purpose of getting un-supecting consumer's money-IT IS FRAUD!

Read everything

AUTHOR: Kswv - (U.S.A.)

It amazes me that people don't read the fine print when they order things like this. I ordered this free trial and canceled my membership the very next day and was never charged and received my product in 2 days. Obviously they start the trial period when you order it, how do you expect them to know when you receive it and start using it? That's ridiculous to expect that. Don't ever order a "free trial" without reading every single word on the page. Nothing is free.... you should know this by now. Shame on you, don't blame the company for making money off people who don't know any better.

I am quite sure Luminous Brites is the same company now

AUTHOR: Fourbluesixpink - (U.S.A.)

I looked at the website for Luminous Brites and it is in many ways identical to the Ivory Brites website. Obviously they are the same company. They even both state that you will get a free toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste when you order the risk free trial kit - incidentally, they did NOT send the toothbrush, floss, nor toothpaste like they promised.

Possibly went by a different name

AUTHOR: Fourbluesixpink - (U.S.A.)

I found another rip-off report stating that they had problems with a 'Luminous Brites' from California that charged their account for $88.97 - the exact same amount that Ivory Brites charged mine for. Ivory Brites also happens to be in California. Later, according to the other report, Luminous Brites changed their name to "Ivory Smiles". I think it seems fairly obvious there is a good chance we are talking about the same company here.