Complaint Review: iyogi

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Kathy — Caddo Gap Arkansas United States of America
iyogi
12 Desbrosses St. New York, New York United States of America

iyogi Refusal of Total Defense to send me their results and sending me on to iyogi as only solution New York, New York

*General Comment: Iyogi ripoff

My computer suddenly started slowing down, slowly opening programs, and then opening some at all.  I wanted to scan with my Total Defense AV program, but it would not come up.  I called TD and asked for the site where I could download a fresh copy after removing my present copy.  I also asked why this happened since my AV/FW was up-to-date.  My update history showed that.

I couldn't really understand the tech rep as TD is in India.  She went on my computer remotely and said there were 96 infections.  I asked again how this could happen when I was up-to-date.  She said the infections were tricking my computer into thinking it was up-to-date.

I asked her to email me the list of registry entries she was showing.  She refused saying it was not safe to edit the registry and gave me a lesson on what the registry does.  Duh.  I knew all that, and I've edited registries on computers for years.

She referred me to iyogi for $169.99, so I said go ahead.  i watched as he remotely removed these infection with such programs as malwarebytes whiich is a totally free program.  My computer is almost working okay again.

Iyogi worked on the computer August 14.  Today (August 16) I ran malwarebytes and found 2 infections!

Now I need to get another AV/FW program (and Total Defense won't refund any of my subscription) and find another AV/FW program.  All that and $169.99 gone up in smoke.  This is really hitting my wallet.  Total Defense must be getting a kick back.  I noticed the TD rep was online with the iyogi rep during the clean up.

So was the failure of Total Defense deliberate?  I don't know.  But if an infection "tricked" me into thinking I was up-to-date, why didn't Total Defense catch the malware/trojan/virus.

My advice to all:  STAY AWAY FROM TOTAL DEFENSE AND IYOGI.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iyogi/New-York-New-York-10013/iyogi-Refusal-of-Total-Defense-to-send-me-their-results-and-sending-me-on-to-iyogi-as-onl-928340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iyogi

#1 General Comment

Iyogi ripoff

AUTHOR: Sharon Walker - (United States of America)

I paid iyogi inc. $200 for a security suite an it's nothing but a ripoff not worth the money. The company got  computer running slow and some more this company shouldn't be allowed to sell services inside the United States cause they can't face trail. For, selling jacked up services they should be tested first.