Complaint Review: iyogi

iyogi

iyogi iyogi, fraud, scam Internet

*UPDATE Employee: iYogi- ART

*UPDATE Employee: iYogi- ART

Two years ago I had a problem with my computer apparently crashing. I contacted iyogi to see about a repair.  I spoke with a gentleman with an Indian accent.  With my permission he went remote on my computer.  He worked on it for a few hours and then infomed me that I had malware programs on my computer but he could install programs and restore my system and fix the problem.

The cost was $150 but that came with a year's subscription in case I had other problems. I went ahead with it and the problem appeared to be fixed.  About 6 months later I received a phone call from someone from iyogi trying to sell me new subscription. I informed him that I had purchased a 1 year subscrption and I was only into 6 months of it. He advised that that was only for a limited amount of support. I told him that I wasn't interested. He was very persistent but finally gave up. A couple of days later I started having computer problems again. I contacted iyogi and he said that I could pay for an upgraded 1 year subscription for $150 or 6 months for $100. I told him I'd take the 6 months but I thought it was strange that I wasn't having any problems until after he called me.  He went ahead and fixed the problem.  about 6 months later, which was a couple of weeks ago I received email messages trying to sell me a new subscription for service.  I wasn't having any problems so I ignored it. within 1 week my computer started acting up and got worse by the day.  Now all I get is a blue screen, I can't even bring up my desk top to uninstall  the iyogi program.  I think it is obvious that they plant a bug someway to cause your computer to go down forcing you to buy additional service. So far I haven't contacted them and am not sure what to do but I feel that it is obviously fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iyogi/internet/iyogi-iyogi-fraud-scam-Internet-963709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iyogi

iYogi- ART

AUTHOR: iYogi- Active Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Bob,

Thanks for informing this, we regret that your experience with iYogi was not satisfactory. We take feedback very seriously as it helps in our endeavor to continuously improve our services. We would like to investigate the incident you are reporting, so we request you to kindly send an email to iYogiCare@iyogi.com with your account details and the best time to reach you.

We will send an email to your registered email with the most recent status and we assure you that we will take action as per company policies based on the findings of our investigation.

Regards
Active Response Team
iYogi

iYogi- ART

AUTHOR: iYogi- Active Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Bob,