Complaint Review: iyogi

• Updated: Fri, March 18, 2011

• Reported By: Pete — Riverrun Maryland United States of America
iyogi
unk Internet United States of America

iyogi tried to scam me into buying expensive service unk, Internet

*Consumer Comment: why won't someone stop iyogi?

This is complaint concerning iyogi.This morning I checked my credit car account on line to discover a  charge in the amount of $74.99 from Microsoft *Xbox Live.  Since no merchant phone number was listed I called the credit card company and was given 877-316-0736.  I called the number and was told that I was connected to technical support.  After almost a half hour I found that I was not talking to Microsoft, as I had been led to believe, but instead to iyogi.  While promising to investigate and cancel the charge, they did not give me any help.  Instead,  they tried very hard to sell me a plan to protect my computers for over $600.  I was left with the impression that this company may well have put that charge on my account to get me to call them, thinking that I was calling Microsoft, so as to scam me into buying some very ordinary software and rather useless tech support.  When I refused, they called back to pressure me.This is an unspeakable practice that preys upon the initiated .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2011 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/iyogi/internet/iyogi-tried-to-scam-me-into-buying-expensive-service-unk-Internet-695557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on iyogi

why won't someone stop iyogi?

AUTHOR: feduplisa - (United States of America)

I went through a similar experience, but with iyogi and McAfee. McAfee takes no responsibility and iyogi continues to get rich on scaring customers with bogus scams. I will never use McAfee again. I dont know who's worse, McAfee or iyogi.