Complaint Review: J. Anthony Plumbing & Heating

• Updated: Sat, October 26, 2013

• Reported By: Mike Leo Allen — la quinta California
J. Anthony Plumbing & Heating
72216 Northshore St, Thousand Palms, California USA

J. Anthony Plumbing & Heating J. Anthony Plumbing & Heating Rip Off, Scam, Hustle, undependable, back stabbing, Thousand Palms California

FOR ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE COACHELLA VALLEY. DO NOT HIRE J. ANTHONY PLUMBING AND HEATING!

Short Story: Absolutely horrible, don't waste your money.

Long Story: I hired J. Anthony to install my entire system 2.5 years ago. The cost was $4000.00. They installed a new forced air unit, condenser, and thermostat. I've had them to service the unit at the beginning of each cooling season to maintain my warranties and keep the equipment properly serviced. After my service at the beginning of summer 2013 my condenser stopped working. When I called J. Anthony to report the issue I was told there would be another fee for coming out to check the unit. I absolutely refused and told them I would not pay another fee because the unit was operating fine before they came and now it wasn't, obviously they had done something and they needed to repair the issue. They hassled me about it but finally did what I asked, and I was correct it was there issue.
Fast forward to the end of the summer and my unit had stopped cooling, it turns on but there is a leak and the freon is gone. I call J. Anthony out and they change the part for free but then charge me $300.00 to fill the system on a part that is warrantied. So, I get to pay for a freon charge that occurred on a defective but warrantied part, I did not complain. Then a week later, this past Sunday, 10-6-2013, I come home and my air conditioner is not working again. I shut off the unit, went outside to look at it and there is oil everywhere, all over the windows, on the house, on the ground at the bottom of the unit, EVERYWHERE. Once again I called J. Anthony and they can't be bothered to come out on a Sunday afternoon. On a side note the person on call was obviously at home I could hear his kids in the background. They show up the next day, at 10 am, and proceed to tell me that the owner is only interested in the bottom line and there is no way any of the repairs would be a warranty issue and that I need to pay for everything. I urged the scam artist, I mean technician to call the owner and explain to him the situation. 10 minutes later he knocks on my door and tells me they're going to contact the manufacturer of the condenser, and that they'd contact me later in the afternoon with an update. it's been a couple of days now and I haven't heard anything. This company is only interested in collecting your money and then sabotaging your system so they can collect more. This is the kind of thing you think will never happen to you.

Another side note: I was speaking with a friend whose brother worked for this company. He quit because he was urged to overcharge, manipulate, and lie to customers so they could make more money. You've been warned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2013 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-Anthony-Plumbing-Heating/Thousand-Palms-California-92253/J-Anthony-Plumbing-Heating-J-Anthony-Plumbing-Heating-Rip-Off-Scam-Hustle-undepe-1090437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J. Anthony Plumbing & Heating