Complaint Review: J. Worthington Direct Finance

• Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: pretty lady — copperas cove Texas United States of America
J. Worthington Direct Finance
7 Belmont Road St. Andrew, Select State/Province United States of America

J. Worthington Direct Finance they coned me out of $405 for a $4000 loan they said I was approved for, I even signed a contract they faxed me St. Andrew, Other

*Author of original report: J. Worthington Direct Finance

*Consumer Comment: Feeling ripped off, did you receive your money?

I filled out some loan applications online for various companies and a few days later I received a call from someone at J. Worthington direct finance. I was told that my application was passed on to them.

They faxed me a contract that stated I was approved for a $4000.00 USD loan with an interest rate of 13% for 36 months, my first payment is due December 23, 2012 until December 2015. If my payment is ever late I have to pay 9.0% late fee.

I had no collateral so I had to send them the first three months ($405) in advance in order to get the $4000.00 I was approved for. The $4000.00 was suppose to be direct deposited into my account within 2 hours, but it wasn't.

I had to send them the money through money gram to a person named Glenford Dodd. I asked why and they said that he was from the american embassy and all transactions had to go threw him. This was November 25, 2012, it is now November 30, 2012 and I have not received my $4000.

I am now being told by Bryan Stevens at J. Worthington Direct Finance that they can not give me the money because I have bar credit and they are going to find someone that can give me the loan.

I told him that's alright and I want my money back and he said it will take 30 days to get my money back. I feel like this is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/J-Worthington-Direct-Finance/St-Andrew-Select-StateProvince-/J-Worthington-Direct-Finance-they-coned-me-out-of-405-for-a-4000-loan-they-said-I-was-976297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J. Worthington Direct Finance

J. Worthington Direct Finance

AUTHOR: pretty lady - (United States of America)

It's now December 5, 2012 and I have received no money and no one has called me back. I don't think they're giving me my money back.

Feeling ripped off, did you receive your money?

AUTHOR: KDH0607 - (United States of America)

I started my loan process last week from a phone call from Rachel Adams stating that I was fully approved for my loan. 5 Year loan- 10% interest rate. I've been in regular contact with a woman named Rachel Adams who seemingly is a nice girl. I applied for a $15K loan, but because of my credit I was required to secure the loan with 3 months of payments, totally $956.13. I secured my loan yesterday December 3, 2012 and was advised that my loan would be in the "4:00 pm batch". I signed the legal documentation and sent my ID and proof of income to fax #:877-770-7068. I was advised to wire the money to Brian Smith, because he is with the US Embassy and the only person who is able to receive the phones. There was no deposit, so I called and spoke with Christine Stevens who advised me that I missed the 4:00pm deadline and that my loan will be released with the "6:00 pm" batch and I that at the very latest the funds will be deposited over night and I will have the funds by Noon today. I didn't receive the money at noon and called repeatedly, spoke with Rachel Adams...she placed me on hold, but did not come back, so I hung up. I called at least 20 different times with 3 different numbers and have sent more than 5 or 6 emails.

Finally, a manager named Brian Stewart stating all is well with my loan and that I will receive my loan on Thursday and that he will call me Thursday morning, and the latest I will receive it is Friday. I'm hoping that I'm not a victim of a scam and that this money does come through. Here are the three numbers I dialed for my loan: 877-325-7918- general number; 876-279-3786- Rachel Adams; and 876-279-1901- Christine Stewart. I will update this response if I receive my money. Brian Stewart explained that I should communicate only with him at this time. He apologized for making me nervous and he gave me his personal number: 876-578-6180. If I do not receive my money by Friday, I will be requesting my "security deposit" back. Prayerfully, it won't come to that, because I desperately need that money, of course, if I didn't I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice my last dime to get it. I emailed Rachel Adams at: jworthington_RachelAdams@yahoo.com and I emailed the general inbox at jworthington@financier.com.