Complaint Review: j wothington direct finance

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: diane gauvin — farnham Quebec Canada
j wothington direct finance
7 belmont road,st. andrew, jamaica W.I. Internet United States of America

j wothington direct finance bryan stewart or amy stewart or allanah cruz or the pick up person for my money Oshane leslie told me i was going to get a loan after i secured it with 491.07$ Internet

*Consumer Comment: There won't be a refund

*Consumer Comment: Did you receive a refund

i went online and looked up where i can get a loan for people with bad credit on the 16 novenber and got a phone call from a allanah cruz from j worthington direct finance who told me that i was approved for a loan of five thousand dollars but seeing i did not own my own house or own a car no older than a 2010 that i had to pay the 3 month advance to secure my loan for the of 491.07 giving me payments of 163.69$ per month at an 11% interest and once they receive my money that my loan will be direct deposited into my account on the same day...they said to pay by money gram to an Oshane Leslie. then after that i spoke to an amy stewart who then told me congradulations on my financial freedom and transfered me to a brian stuart who would be sending out my loan...  then this bryan told me that the first lender had changed their amount of deposit due to my bad credit history and wanted more of a deposit but he said he refused that lender and had a meeting with another one and that this one signed and released my loan on the 23 of november,,, now he tells me that my loan is being held due to an overseas transfer and that i have to pay the government 452.00$ to get these funds released and get my loan..i told him i want my money back and he told me that he would call me back to start the refund and that i would receive within 30 business days,,, but yet they could do a deposit into my account within 2 hours but it's going to take 30 days to get my money back something is very very fishy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/j-wothington-direct-finance/internet/j-wothington-direct-finance-bryan-stewart-or-amy-stewart-or-allanah-cruz-or-the-pick-up-pe-977468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on j wothington direct finance

There won't be a refund

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

The entire thing is a scam. It's called the Advance Fee Loan scam. If you had sent the additional fees for transfer taxes, then the next step is for the scammer to come up with another fee for you to pay. Long story short: they never fund your account. You can go to the FTC website to read all about how these types of scams are run. The whole reason the scammer told you 30 business days to refund is because they probably want to use that burner phone for the next month or two before they start all over again with new victims.

BTW, it doesn't matter what the name of the company or the people that the scammer tells you because everything is fake, including names. I'm sorry you were taken in by this long standing scam. Next time someone asks you for money up front for any type of loan, run away. No one ever gets funded by the scammer. The only thing that happens is the victim loses his/her money - every time.

Did you receive a refund

AUTHOR: AGoniea - (United States of America)

Hello your story sound exactly like mine. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Same people, same amount everything. Did you ever receive a refund. Mine has been over a month and I still have not gotten my money back.