Complaint Review: j2 Global Communications, Inc

• Updated: Fri, April 29, 2011

• Reported By: beautifuljoon — Federal Way Washington United States of America
j2 Global Communications, Inc
6922 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 500 Los Angeles, California United States of America

j2 Global Communications, Inc www.Evoice.com ILLEGALLY WITHDRAWING MONEY, THEY REFUSE CANCELATIONS Los Angeles, California

Beware: They are continuing to illegally withdraw money from my account. I have canceled many times and reported them to the BBB and FCC.

One 1.27.11 I emailed them requesting cancellation. I got an automatic email back with a reference number that told me to cancel over the phone. I called customer service and they practically refused to cancel my service. I had to argue and insist they cancel it, they were very rude and reluctant. Finally, they said they canceled it but would not give me a reference number. They did not charge me the next month.

Then on 03.07.11 they charged me, and again on 04.05.11 and again on 04.20.11 (twice in one month!) - I didn't catch them doing this until 4.29.11 when I reviewed my finances.

I contacted customer service and they said that I never canceled. I told them I had a reference number from an email I sent. They insisted that I "didn't have proof." (how could I forget a conversation where I had to argue with them to cancel? And then not get confirmation, very disturbing.) I insisted they refund my money they were unauthorized to take, they refused.

The woman said she canceled my account. I insisted on a reference number, she said that "her system wasn't working properly and wouldn't give her one" (just like the first rep, how convenient!) I said I would wait for a reference number, but she insisted there was no way for her to give me one.

She said she had emailed me. I told her she was lying, I was in my inbox. She said she would email me in an hour and she hadn't sent one yet. (She clearly was changing her story).

I never got an email. I never got a reference number. They literally refused to give me a number that would keep them accountable for the cancellation.

I have contacted the BBB and FCC regarding their highly illegal practices. Please avoid this company, they are criminals.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2011 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/j2-Global-Communications-Inc/Los-Angeles-California-90028/j2-Global-Communications-Inc-wwwEvoicecom-ILLEGALLY-WITHDRAWING-MONEY-THEY-REFUSE-CANC-723886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on j2 Global Communications, Inc