Complaint Review: j2 Global Communications

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — Thousand Oaks California United States of America
j2 Global Communications

j2 Global Communications "Slammed" my telephone number and sold it to XO Communications Internet

We couldn't figure out what was wrong with our telephone service until a technician came to my home to physically check the line.  The line was fine so after calling the technical support/billing/etc. at Verizon I found out that J2 Global Communications had "slammed" (stolen) my telephone number and sold it to XO Communications...my "new" provider!  I had no part in this and I am suprised that this can be done without my knowledge.  Now Verizon can not stop the disconnect order unless it comes from XO communications.  I've reported to CA Utilities Commission but I've wasted hours of my day and who knows what they plan on charging me...since I've never spoken to J2 or XO. How can this happen?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/j2-Global-Communications/internet/j2-Global-Communications-Slammed-my-telephone-number-and-sold-it-to-XO-Communications-I-736565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on j2 Global Communications