Complaint Review: j2 Global

• Submitted: Wed, March 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: PPrice6010 — Denton Texas USA
j2 Global
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th Floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

j2 Global j2 Global Communications Internet Fraud, Theft of Money Los Angeles, California

On September 10, 2010 I signed  up with eVoice through efax.com.  They had a link offering a 6 month free trial of eVoice.

On February 25, 2011, I received an email telling me my free trial was about to expire.  I replied immediately to that email requesting cancellation.  I use a service called READNOTIFY.COM and it notified me the email was received and opened.

On March 10, 2011, eVoice took $12.95 from my bank account.  I immediately contacted them at help@mail.evoice.com.  I received a reply they could not locate my account!  This was with their email to me as part of the string!!!

I have spent 5 days trying to get them to refund the $12.95.  Today, I received this reply which I am cutting and pasting....the italics and bold are mine.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting eVoice Receptionist Customer Support.

We are sorry inform, we were unable to locate any prior cancellation request for your eVoice account.

If you wish to cancel the account, we would request you to please reply back to this email with the following verification details :

1. eVoice Receptionist User Name
2. eVoice Receptionist Phone Number
3. First and Last Name
4. Billing Address Zip Code
5. Last 4 digits of your credit card number

Once we have received your information, we will be able to assist you further.

In the event of cancellation, your eVoice account is not applicable for any refund.

For more information regarding this issue, please contact eVoice Receptionist Customer Support, at (866) 761-8109, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or simply reply to this email.

- Sandy C.

eVoice Receptionist Customer Support
(866) 761-8109

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2011 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/j2-Global/Los-Angeles-California-90028/j2-Global-j2-Global-Communications-Internet-Fraud-Theft-of-Money-Los-Angeles-California-706640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on j2 Global