- Report: #1147005
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Jack Williams Tire
Jack Williams Tire1466 N. Susquehanna Trail Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania USA
Jack Williams Tire ,JWT, JW Tire, Lied about my car's inspection to try to rip my family off - Brake Caliper, Tie Rods, Steering Links Hummels Wharf Pennsylvania
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
During my last visit to JWT, the experience was to say the least very disappointing.
Location: Hummels Wharf (Selinsgrove), PA
The order of events that follows below describes what happened:
1) On this day (5/12), my wife had to bring the car in to have a brake noise checked. Also wanted to have inspection done for state compliance, which was due at end of this month (May).
2) Sometime during the morning (after 10) I got a call from Store to talk to Derek.
3) When talking to him, he began explaining about a caliper that was bad on the front left tire.
4) Additionally, in order to pass inspection, I would need components related to the steering repaired or replaced.
5) I asked him the price tag on what he had stated. He mentioned it as about $1400.
6) Then, he told me that in order to complete the maintenance due for a car with the kind of mileage I had (almost 230K), it would all amount to a total of $4500 repair.
7) I was flabbergasted and explained that my car was not worth that much in Kelly Blue Book and that it will not be worth my while to spend this kind of money.
8) I spoke to my wife and she asked Rick (Mgr.) to get involved to see if the diagnostic that Derek had given her was accurate.
9) After speaking with Rick, he looked at the issue, told my wife that the brake caliper was in fact leaking and needed attention (to be replaced), but that it was not going to be $4500 to get it back on the road. He said that it would be about $1200.
10) I called my usual shop in Mifflinburg. They had replaced the caliper less than 6 months ago. I requested them to address the issue under warranty.
11) The owners and techs at the mifflinburg shop are super “customer service” oriented and towed my car late in the afternoon at zero expense to me. Since they had not enough room for my wife and 2 sons in the tow truck, this left my wife and 2 boys without transportation for the rest of the day and I had to pick them up after I got home from work (which was late in the evening).
12) The next day, my usual shop techs inspected the caliper and the diagnostic was that it was not fine. There was no sign of any leaking!
13) Their 30-year Toyota Shop veteran mechanic confirmed it and yet another experienced mechanic looked at it and had the same to say: Nothing wrong with the any of the calipers.
14) So, I asked them to inspect the car for State compliance and the result was that it passed inspection without an issue! There was nothing to replace! This was very different from what JWT's Derek and Rick told my wife in person and me over the phone.
15) My total bill came to be under $30. This included the cost of State Inspection compliance. My thankfulness and loyalty for true honesty and integrity with my usual shop is strengthened. I cannot say the same about JWT.
I am so very extremely disappointed in the deceptive approach that the Jack Williams Tire team at Hummels Wharf (Selinsgrove) had towards my wife. It appears that they desired to take advantage of a lady who appeared to be a perfect target. I can see that if the "general worker or tech" had a misdiagnosis of the issues. However, Rick went to confirm and stated that repairs were needed. This is premeditation to rip someone off!!
The practices witnessed by my wife and myself (over the phone) gives us no sense of confidence in JWT as a business practicing of ethics! So much for the Williams Way!
On their website, they say:
"The Williams Way: is Our Commitment to go above and beyond our customers' expectations and to provide the greatest value possible. This commitment means that we conduct our business with honesty and integrity, while providing friendly and professional service"
Honesty and Integrity are hardly the characteristics that I would use in the same sentence to describe JWT's team (RICK AND DEREK) at this shop.
That shop was very unethical, and extremely shady!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jack-Williams-Tire/Hummels-Wharf-Pennsylvania-17831/Jack-Williams-Tire-JWT-JW-Tire-Lied-about-my-cars-inspection-to-try-to-rip-my-family-1147005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)