Complaint Review: Jacks Small Engines

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: MZ13 — Brule Wisconsin
Jacks Small Engines
1745 W Jarrettsville Rd, Jarrettsville, Maryland USA

Jacks Small Engines jackssmallengines.com Jack's Small Engines Bad Business Practices Jarrettsville Maryland

I ordered filters and other parts for my riding mower. All showed to be in stock. About the time I was expecting them to ship, I get an email saying two parts were on back order. A week later, another email saying one part was still on back order. I called customer service and he said they would charge me extra shipping to have the available parts shipped separate. I ended up taking off the one remaining part from my order and having what was available shipped. This is a very dishonest way to run things. Out of stock parts should be clearly stated as such right from the start. I will not do business with this company again as I do not want to risk possibly waiting up to a month for my order to arrive.

Details:

July 12 -Order placed

July 15 - Notification that 2 parts not available until July 20

July 23 - Notification that 1 part not available until July 27

July 23 - Customer Service checked and found that part not available until July 29

July 23 - Last part taken off order and refund granted. Remainder of order shipped.

Have to find remaining part elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jacks-Small-Engines/Jarrettsville-Maryland-21084/Jacks-Small-Engines-jackssmallenginescom-Jacks-Small-Engines-Bad-Business-Practices-Jar-1069309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jacks Small Engines