Complaint Review: Jackson Hewett Income Tax Service

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Judy — Lansing Michigan
Jackson Hewett Income Tax Service
1933 N. Larch Street Lansing, Michigan USA

Jackson Hewett Income Tax Service Richard Foster wrote in my retirement income was $27,847. which was suppose to be $37,100. and on S.S. he put $10,175. I.R.S. correction was $18,040. I went to J.H. and they said it was my fault. Lansing Michigan

I moved back from Ky. Went to them to have taxes done. I am deaf. Richard had all the information needed. He just wrote down the numbers wrong. I had to pay the I.R.S. another $2,376. The guy was joking with lady in charge. I sat there 2.5 hours. Brought my grandson, age 21 to write what he says.  Got a letter I thought was a scam and almost threw it away but checked it out. The I.R.S. showed the difference in the numbers. My husband and I went to have tax lady in charge check it out. She blamed me. I only said, My fault I went to them. They charged me $447.95 to have my taxes done on Feb. 13,2013.  I was very upset of her blaming me for Richard Foster's not copying down the right figures.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2014 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jackson-Hewett-Income-Tax-Service/Lansing-Michigan-48906/Jackson-Hewett-Income-Tax-Service-Richard-Foster-wrote-in-my-retirement-income-was-2784-1145498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jackson Hewett Income Tax Service