Complaint Review: jackson Hewitt tax service

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: lady — forrest city Arkansas United States of America
jackson Hewitt tax service
205 deadrick rd forrest city, Arkansas United States of America

jackson Hewitt tax service TRIED TO SCAM ME OUT OF 200 EXTRA BUCKS!!!! forrest city, Arkansas

a jackson hewitt tax preparer tried to scam me out of 200 dollars. I filed my taxes with them and I payed the 300 odd dollars for the service our of my refund.. I just so happened to be checkin on my refund on the sbbt( santa barbra bank n trust web site) and it made me aware that I would be getting 3215.05 in a check and MY other 200 hundred on a jackson hewitt prepaid SMART CARD

RED FLAG.... I dont know any thing about a smart card. I wasn't offered a smart card, didn't ask for a smart card and dont have one. So I took a look ar my papers that JACKSON HEWITT gave me after filing and it said I did ask for 200 dollars on a smart card.

That tax preparer gave me a lil black thing to sign my name on about 11 times .. n she said she was giving me a copy of what I'm signing. But I did not authorize 200 dollars to a card . and I sure in the HELL DIDNT let the tax preparer keep it.

I called up to jackson hewitt. another lady played DUM like she didn't see no smart card deposit in my acount. so I had to call 6 numbers trying to stop that FRAUDULANT PAYMENT from posting to a smart card I didn't know. nothin about.

NOW I have to fax driver licence, ssn card, and a bill to prove my address before they send me a card in the mail for my 200 dollars witch takes 7- 10 buisness days to get.... what in the heck

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jackson-Hewitt-tax-service/forrest-city-Arkansas-72335/jackson-Hewitt-tax-service-TRIED-TO-SCAM-ME-OUT-OF-200-EXTRA-BUCKS-forrest-city-Arka-1012951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jackson Hewitt tax service