Complaint Review: Jacobs Eagleton

• Reported By: clenon — tomball Texas
Jacobs Eagleton
2900 north loop west suite 1000 houston, Texas USA

Jacobs Eagleton Eagleton engineering really screwed up my life houston Texas

Hello, my name is Bunion L.  I had been working a descent job, making descent money, up until about 2 1/2 weeks ago.  My fiance and I were planning on getting married on April 12th, we were having a house built, and expecting our first child.  I know, a very busy next few months.  Well thanks to Steven Estes and Eagleton engineering it looks like none of this will be happening now.  Well you might ask yourself, how is this his and the companies fault.  Well, let me lay it out for you.  Like I had said, I was working a descent paying job and getting by.  Well, Mr. Estes decides to call me and promise me the world, because he is in somewhat of a pickle and needs somebody that can pack up and go to Houma pretty quick.  Well, knowing it was too good to be true, I took the bait.  Mr.Estes had me leave my comfortable job with no notice because he "needs me right now".  Well, if the promise of the world wasnt enough to make me weery of what was going on, the meeting at a Starbucks that Saturday should have been.  I informed Mr. Estes of what he was going to find on my background check and was told " that's not a problem, I'll go to bat for you".  So, I think to myself, maybe this is going to work.  I pack up and head to Houma the next day and head home that Thursday.  Well, that's where all the bullshit starts.  Mr. Estes then informs me when I get back that he can't do anything else for me right now because "we are still waiting on your background check".  Okay, well that shouldnt be a problem because hes got my back. Right? Wrong. I was informed today that Mr. Estes essentially did not "have my back" and even though John McClain vouched for me and said he liked my knowledge and work ethic, I had to be let go.  I understand company policies and if you cant bring somebody on then it wont work out and I am fine with that.  What gets me is the fact that Mr. Estes would tell me everything is fine to go ahead and leave my other job before he even knew whether or not i could work for Eagleton.  So, here I sit unemployed and all my big plans down the drain because one guy decides he is in a pinch and would just assume ruin somebody elses life to help himself out.  Well, I can make whoever is reading this a promise.  I will be vigilant about posting my story on every website I possibly can and getting this story out there.  If this story of Eagletons bulls*** turns just on potential client or employee away then its been a positive in my eyes.

Bunion L.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jacobs-Eagleton/houston-Texas-77092/Jacobs-Eagleton-Eagleton-engineering-really-screwed-up-my-life-houston-Texas-1133561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jacobs Eagleton