Complaint Review: jailbreakunlock.org

• Submitted: Thu, September 01, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Coarsegold California U.S.A.
jailbreakunlock.org

jailbreakunlock.org Does not honor their "Money Back Guarantee" Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Another Shot

*Author of original report: They're Alive!

*Author of original report: As I suspected, no live person in "Support"

I purchased a "Gold Package" lifetime subscription to jailbreakunlock.org's iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking service for $49.95, based on their website's guarantee of satisfaction or my money back.  I downloaded the necessary software, files and instructions that were supposed to jailbreak my iPhone and subsequently unlock it and leave it in an 'untethered' jailbroken condition.  I had one simple question regarding the software, which I sent in to their tech support department.  Instead of answering my simple question, the sent me new software, files and instructions that would result in a tethered jailbreak condition, which is unacceptable for one who travels.

I asked them for a phone contact number to speak to someone, or at least a chat line, as email tech support is archaic, painfully slow and inefficient.  They told me (via email) that they only had email support.  When the possibility of screwing up an expensive piece of equipment exists, a person needs 'real time' tech support, now!

I responded to their email response and told them that I was dissatisfied with their level of support and requested a full refund.  Instead of honoring my request, they sent yet another email asking "What step are you having trouble with.  We are here to help".  They obviously did not read my email, so I responded with;

Unfortunately, you cant help. The only '24/7 Support' you offer is via email, which is archaic and extremely inefficient, especially when performing an operation that could possibly screw up an expensive piece of electronics. But beyond that, your website lead me to software that supposedly leads to an untethered result, and as soon as I send in a question to your support group, you send me a different bunch of software that results in a tethered phone.  I, therefore, do not trust your process, software or support and demand a refund."

Instead of refunding my money, they once again sent the same stupid response "What step are you having trouble with.  We are here to help".   I now believe that there isn't a real person on the other end of these emails, but a computer generated BS response with no real support.

I have gone through this back and forth email irritation 4 times now, and they still have not refunded me my money.  There are no phone numbers, no addresses, no customer service and no real effective tech support.  Stay away from jailbreakunlock.org.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 11:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jailbreakunlockorg/internet/jailbreakunlockorg-Does-not-honor-their-Money-Back-Guarantee-Internet-772179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jailbreakunlock.org

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Another Shot

AUTHOR: evansen - (United States of America)

Would you be willing to allow me to use your account to try jailbreakunlock.org on my device? A lot of people would like to see if they've become a legitimate jailbreak company.

They're Alive!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Well, my email test in which I ordered a pizza from their system resulted in the following response:

Hello, Sorry we are NOT a pizza parlor.

Thanks,

Jailbreak

SupportJS

This means two things.  (1)  There indeed is a humanoid at the other end of these email communications, and (2) They have no intention of honoring their "Money Back Guarantee".  And, here's a flash for you...I ran a "WhoIs" check on their website and found they are located in Nassau, Bahamas.  Good luck getting any refund from there!  Yeah, I know, "Why didn't you check that out before ordering?"  Well, my hindsight has always been 20/20.  Fortunately, I learn lessons from my life experiences.  This won't happen again.  Learn from my experience and DO NOT visit the jailbreakunlock.org website, or in my opinion, any website offering software to jailbreak and unlock an iPhone or other Apple product.  There are plenty of sources in town that can do it for you while you wait.

As I suspected, no live person in "Support"

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I filed another request for a refund and received the very same, word-for-word response;

"Hello,

At what steps are you having problems with jailbreaking?
We can help you jailbreak your phone.
Thanks,
Jailbreak
SupportJS "

This pretty much confirms my suspicion that there are no live persons in "Support", but rather automatically generated responses to emails, regardless of the context of the email.  I'm going to send a test email in which I order a pizza and see if I still get the same response back.  I'll post the results in an update.