Complaint Review: James B Nutter & Co

• Reported By: Jeannette — Mesquite Texas United States of America
James B Nutter & Co
4153 Broadway Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

James B Nutter & Co Dishonest practices Kansas City, Missouri

My husband was refinancing his house.  Since my house is FHA financed and his is, they said I would have to sign a waiver acknowledging my name would not be on the loan or on the deed for the loan.  My husband called them twice asking exactly what the waiver was and if they could email us a copy so we could see exactly what I would be signing prior to the title company coming out to our house to have the papers signed.  I called them once, myself, and asked what it was.  When the title company came out I was told that I had to sign and under my signature I had to write that I was solely waiving my rights to marital property.  Which means if anything happened to my husband and he has no will, I would have absolutely NO RIGHTS to property that is considered community property and I had made half of the payments for.  We asked them on three different phone calls exactly what I was signing and their evasive answers made me suspicious.  Needless to say, the papers aren't signed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2011 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-B-Nutter-Co/Kansas-City-Missouri-64171/James-B-Nutter-Co-Dishonest-practices-Kansas-City-Missouri-780314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James B Nutter & Co