Complaint Review: James Stanley

• Updated: Sun, June 23, 2013

• Reported By: Debbie — Cols Ohio
James Stanley
589 Basswood ave cols, Ohio USA

James Stanley asked for 160.00 for materials that cost no more than 40.00. charged 140.00 labor. job not done, kept change from shingles, avoids my texts now. cols Ohio

I asked James to repair my roof that leaks. He said no problem, came by and looked at it from the ground, and asked for 160.00 for materials.

He told me he should only need 2  bundles or less. Maybe some nails. Promised a reciept and would give back the difference.

He came over on a Saturday, dressed real nice,  climbed on my roof and replaced about 6-7 shingles. Sat up on the roof with his teenage son( my neighbors watching) smoking cigarettes.

After that he came off the roof and said he needed 140.00 for labor. Told me if my kitchen ceiling still leaked to give him a call. I called him and he was going to stop by asap. Many texts later, he told me he has anothe job and my roof had extensive damage but he would be by to check it out. He told me during that time that he was going to fix my kitchen ceiling also but needed a tool that cost 60.00. Could i give him the 60.00 for the tool.

I  gave him the 60.00. He never showed for the ceiling despite the texts explaining that my ceiling now leaks worse.

I sent several more texts explaining i needed reciepts, my change from the roof material, and my 60.00 so i can get my ceiling fixed. He now tells me that he needs tags for his car, drivers license taken and he dont have time or money for my problems.

Hasnt got back with me at all now. I sent him a text telling him i was contacting Tom Sussi from 6onyourside.

The work began around May 15, 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 05:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/James-Stanley/cols-Ohio-43207/James-Stanley-asked-for-16000-for-materials-that-cost-no-more-than-4000-charged-140-1061391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James Stanley