- Report: #804912
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Jasper Contractors
Jasper ContractorsAtlanta, Georgia Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America
Jasper Contractors REVIEW: Jasper Contractors executives, employees go above and beyond the call of good customer service to make sure all their customers are pleased with the services performed. Their approach to business is focused on providing the highest customer satisfaction in the industry.
*UPDATE: Jasper Contractors pledges their commitment to always improving their operations by joining Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer by increasing their confidence when doing business with a member business. Jasper Contractors Ripoff Report Verified
A businesses first
line of defense on
If your business
willing to make a
Click here now..
EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Jasper Contractors for its commitment to excellence in customer service.
Ripoff Reports discussions with Jasper Contractors have confirmed a commitment by the company to customer satisfaction. This means that customers can expect that the company will diligently take whatever measures necessary to come to a mutual understanding in regards to any and all service issues. In their ongoing quest for excellence within the communities they serve, Jasper Contractors listens carefully to customer concerns and uses them to learn from past mistakes in order to become more efficient as a company.
Jasper Contractors owner and CEO, Brian Wedding, has informed us that even before the inception of our company in 2004, he has been a firm believer in the importance of delivering incredible customer service. He has applied that belief to the company culture at Jasper because their ultimate goal is to build customers for life. That being said, a stringent focus on quality workmanship and excellent customer care are often stressed upon both in the office and out in the field.
As a successful entrepreneur, Mr. Wedding feels it is imperative to listen to his customers and to respond promptly and considerately. By always putting his customers first, Mr. Wedding hopes to maintain Jasper Contractors reputation as a trustworthy and reliable company in the roofing and HVAC industry. Jasper Contractors takes employee satisfaction seriously as well and strives to promote a positive working environment by encouraging feedback from associates on a regular basis.
Jasper Contractors recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report regardless of validity are issues that need to be addressed and not ignored. With the feedback generated by Rip-off Reports Investigation Jasper Contractors has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.
Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..
The Following information provided in this report is based on comments made by Brian Wedding and his staff during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Jasper Contractors.
Jasper Contracts is a roofing and HVAC company located in twelve cities nationwide. Their target market is everyone because everyone has a roof over their head, whether that be at work or at home. The company believes that their size and various awards they have won set them apart from other companies in their industry. Additionally, they believe they are a competitive employer because they offer benefits such as company vehicles and insurance coverage for their employees and their families with no out-of-pocket costs.
The sales process at Jasper starts out with a salesmen knocking on homeowners doors. Occasionally, their sales force focuses on an area where damage has occurred due to storms or environmental conditions. While meeting potential customers, the salesperson is responsible for explaining to the homeowner the services Jasper can provide. At this time, the salesperson explains the steps it will take to complete the roof installation and provides advice when dealing with the homeowners insurance company. Additionally, the salesperson will aid in working with the insurance adjustor to assess the damages. During the entire sale and installation of the product, a representative from Jasper stays in constant communication with the client to ensure they are receiving the best customer care possible.
Jasper has noted that there are some areas of concern that need improvement internally, such as some of their methods of communication. Currently, they are taking an active approach on implementing new systems. For example, all of their employees are now given Android phones to ensure that orders can be processed right away. Additionally, employees have special email addresses for billing to make sure orders are taken care of in a timely manner.
One of the most common complaints Jasper receives is they occasionally leave nails behind after a job is complete on the ground. Jasper states that they go back out to the site and provide a magnetic sweep to clear the nails left behind. The other complaint the company commonly receives is in regards to the customers invoice being different than the quoted price. This is usually due to supplemental damage to roof that cannot be seen until the original roof has been taken off. Jasper does their best to explain this to customers. Additionally, the company states that if clients are dissatisfied with something, they send a representative onsite within twenty-four hours of being notified. They work with the homeowner until the situation is resolved.
Jasper has received many complaints from former employees in the sales department in regards to their termination policies. The company stated that they have put new training in place for the sales department which they feel helps to retain employees.
Since Jasper Contractors has been a part of Ripoff Report Consumer Advocacy Program, changes have been made to do whatever it takes to make the client happy. Japer is now requesting satisfaction surveys from current customers, they have more field managers working onsite, and they work to fix problems with-in twenty-four hours. They also have learned to communicate better with their customers and are implementing that through a blog and responding to the complaints on Ripoff Report. Jasper feels as though it is beneficial to defend how they are represented in their industry.
In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. Wedding and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Jasper Contractors is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.
Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.
Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.
As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer.
Check out Jasper Contractors and Jasper Roofing website
===================== NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
Jasper Contractors Broken Contract Colorado Springs, Colorado
Company: Jasper Contractors
RE: Hail Damage (Summer 2010)
House & Shed Re-Roofing Work
Negotiations started 22OCT10
Work started 14JAN11
Note: The re-roofing work on the house is still not complete, as of 04DEC11, as Jasper acknowledged in their written response to the H/Os complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and as confirmed by the El Paso County Regional Building Inspectors.
Major contractual agreements:
H/Os insurance company determines the Replacement Cost Value (RCV), NOT Jasper.
The H/O pays for the insurance deductable part of the RCV.
The H/O pays for the I&W shield upgraded part of the RCV, past Regional code requirements.
Jasper agrees to accept insurance company's RCV.
Jasper is to correspond and negotiate with the insurance compancy for the H/O on all roofing issues.
NO payment is due until both house & shed roofs are completed and pass inspection.
(All details are available on request.)
(1) Jasper did not honor their written contract with the H/O (23 of 25 contractual promises were broken ~ a complete list is available on request).
(2) Jaspers re-roofing estimates were incorrect (e.g., starting with the 1st estimate with the correct house & shed roof sizes, three subsequent estimates were presented to the H/O, each with increasingly larger house roof sizes/shapes and with corresponding increases in labor/material costs).
(3) Jaspers estimates were never corrected (after repeated promises from Jasper to correct their faulty estimates and i) to restore the roofs sizes to their originally accepted areas on the 1st estimate and to correct the distorted plan-view of the house roof, ii) to correct the number of starter-strips actually used, and iii) to correct the number of ridge-caps actually used.)
(4) In addition to the H/Os original signature on the contract, Jasper requested a second signature from the H/O on the inflated estimate, supposedly to confirm that the H/O has agreed to select Jasper as their roofing contractor. (Note: the H/O signed the estimate only under the condition that the final estimate would be corrected by Jasper.)
(5) Jaspers work is still NOT complete (as of 04DEC11).
(6) Jasper requested an early draw on uncompleted work [the H/O paid Jasper $43,607.18 (plus a $500 Discount Coupon) on 18JAN11 ~ early, not required]. That check included insurance company payments to that date and more than half of the H/O's upgraded RCV (with the coupon).
(7) The H/O paid Jasper $1,000 in full on 24FEB11 for the insurance deductable part of the RCV (early, not required)
(8) The H/O paid Jasper in full on 24FEB11 for the corrected, upgraded costs of the RCV (early, not required).
(9) Jasper did not correspond or negotiate with the insurance company for the H/O over the RCV, as promised. The insurance company only received Jaspers 4th inflated estimate and is waiting on Jaspers corrected estimate before they determine the RCV.
(10) Jasper now expects the H/O (NOT the insurance compancy) to pay for extra materials not used on the H/Os roofs.
(11) Jasper is now demanding full payment from the H/O (NOT the insurance company) of the RCV (as determined by Jasper, NOT the insurance company) before the re-roofing work is complete (the final bill is not due yet, nor is the RCV decided upon and approved by the insurance company at this time).
(12) Jasper refuses (as stated in Jaspers BBB response) to complete the work (as of 04DEC11) ~ original estimate (1 day), now close to 1 year later.
(13) The house roof failed inspection on three counts, the shed roof has never been inspected.
(14) The house and shed roofs were not installed according to the manufacturers installation instructions for composite shakes (starter-strip spacing problems and minimum keyhole separation violations).
(15) Jaspers re-roofing work was not performed in a workman like manner, as required.
(16) Jaspers did not send their best roofing crew, as promised. Jaspers roofing crew was untrained, confused, and not knowledgeable about how to install composite shake shingles (Jasper had to re-start the roofing installation three times).
(17) There are numerous extra unfilled nail holes in the I&W shield (from the three false roofing starts), which was not replaced before each re-roofing attempt, resulting in potential ice-damming problems.
(18) Jasper placed an unjustifiable, illegal lien on the H/Os house, before any payment was due.
(19) Jasper illegally sent the H/O to collections, before any payment was due.
(20) Jasper is threatening to take additional legal actions against the H/O for a non-existent bill.
I have been harassed by the President of Jasper (Carl McNair) on three separate occasions to pay in full a non-existent bill for the RCV of my house and shed roofs, the price of which will later be determined by my insurance company, NOT Jasper, after the re-roofing work has been completed and has passed inspection by the El Paso County Regional Building Inspectors. Jasper placed an unjustifiable, illegal lien on my house before any payment was due, sent me to collections, and is taking additional legal actions against me. Apparently, Jasper cannot read, understand, and follow their own contract with me. Jasper has broken their contract with me many times, and is not willing to acknowledge and correct their many mistakes in their poor attempt to re-roof my house and shed, and who now expect overpayment for their own self-imposed errors and additional labor and material expenses. Jaspers work was of poor quality, was not performed in a workmanlike manner, and did not follow the manufacturers installation instructions. I question Jaspers integrity, ethics, and honesty, based on what I now believe was a deliberate attempt by Jasper to exaggerate their re-roofing estimates, since they now refuse to correct their over-estimates, as promised many times. This complaint againt Jasper is submitted in hopes that other potential customers of Jasper will NOT use them for anything, anytime, anywhere!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Jasper-Contractors/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-/Jasper-Contractors-REVIEW-Jasper-Contractors-executives-employees-go-above-and-beyond-th-804912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)