• Report: #1120388

• Updated: Mon, February 03, 2014

• Reported By: Mad Customer — Santa Cruz California
Java Bob's Coffee Roasting
429 Ingalls St Santa Cruz, California USA

Java Bob's Coffee Roasting, Beware!!! Java Bob's Coffee Roasting Rich Hansen Avoid Java Bob's Coffee Roasting. Bob's Beans are overpriced and not what they claim. Santa Cruz California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Disappointing

I got coffee from Java Bobs.  They must think customers are fools and can't tell the difference on quality or type of bean. They substitute cheaper beans and charge for more expensive.  The staff appeared to be on drugs and I was afraid to consume to product. I recommend avoiding this company and getting your coffee elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Java-Bobs-Coffee-Roasting/-Santa-Cruz-California-95060/Java-Bobs-Coffee-Roasting-Beware-Java-Bobs-Coffee-Roasting-Rich-Hansen-Avoid-Java-Bo-1120388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Java Bob's Coffee Roasting

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Disappointing

AUTHOR: Rich Hansen - ()

I am Rich Hansen, owner of Java Bob's Coffee Roasting for the last 11 years.  Anyone who has ever dealt with me should quickly realize this post is a hoax.  It is especially disappointing to me that such reports can be made anonymously.  What credence can be given to anonymous reports?  It's a shame the site allows this, but this is the world we now live in apparently.

As for the content of the report, is would be amusing if it weren't so slanderous. Substituting lower quality beans?  Yeah, that would be good for business.  But where's the specifics in the report?  What's lower quality beans?

Employees on drugs?  Now that's really amusing.  Again, the author does not provide  specifics.  Which employee?  Me, my wife or Ben?  There's only three of us.

As for the source of the report, I can only venture a guess.

1. Immediately following this report was posted I was deluged with commercial offers to "repair" my reputation.  Could these commercial repair people be the source of the slander, so they could then make some money "fixing it"? I would put my money on this.

2. A competitor?   I hope not.  The wholesale coffee market in Santa Cruz is certainly competitive, but it is civil.

3. A disgruntled former customer? I have brought a few deadbeat wholesale customers to court after they walked away from thousands of dollars of debt to me.  Retaliation?  Could be, but doubtful.

As for positive feedback on Java Bob's you need only look to Yelp, or better yet, Groupon where we recently received very high ratings from a large number of customers.

So, please take this report for what it is :  a hoax.  And come by and get some great coffee.

Thank you for your attention and your continued patronage.

Rich Hansen, Owner