Complaint Review: jb dollar

• Reported By: Banick — Piqua Ohio United States of America
jb dollar
3105 Farnham Rd Richfield, Ohio United States of America

jb dollar Media - Advertising, Coupons, Half Deals, Etc. Richfield, Ohio

My sister and I purchased two separate vouchers through JB Dollar.  We had planned to travel together to New Orleans at the same time with our husbands.  There was nothing in the restrictions saying that this was not permitted.  I sent one e-mail to them (Newport Marketing LLC.) with both of our vouchers attached because we were hoping to get adjoining rooms.

After contacting Newport Marketing LLC. and dealing with them for 2-3 weeks, they finally told us that they could not honor our vouchers because family and/or friends could not travel together.  I checked online and saw that they had updated the vouchers to reflect this.

I complained to Newport Marketing LLC. about this and asked them to honor our original vouchers.  They said that they could not but asked JB Dollar to refund us --  however, they told them that "I was not willing to change our travel dates."  (In other words - they wanted my sister and I to travel separately.)  They were not willing to admit to JB Dollar that they messed up although they admitted this to me on the phone.

After so many calls and e-mails to JB Dollar, they finally understood why I was upset.  They could not understand why Newport Marketing LLC. would not honor our vouchers.  They kept saying that it's "hearsay."  They were also angry at me for harassing them and that there was nothing they could do and we were stuck with the vouchers.

If a company changed its vouchers/rules after purchasing it and expected you to follow the new vouchers, isn't it considered fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jb-dollar/Richfield-Ohio-44286/jb-dollar-Media-Advertising-Coupons-Half-Deals-Etc-Richfield-Ohio-958190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jb dollar