Complaint Review: JB HUNT Transport

• Submitted: Wed, January 13, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, March 05, 2010

• Reported By: michael christopher miles — gate city Virginia United States of America
JB HUNT Transport
lowell, Arkansas United States of America
  • Phone: 18002jbhunt
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

JB HUNT Transport falsafying my dak report so i am not able to work. lowell, Arkansas

*Consumer Comment: You ARE kidding right?

*Consumer Comment: Dead beat

*UPDATE Employee: They can't steal their own property

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Abandoment & Breakdown???

When I was on time off my truck broke down and had to be towed to fraightliner. It had transmission trouble. I gave my 2week notice to J.B. Hunt that i was quiting and I was going to bring the truck back to louisville,ky after the truck got fixed. When I called fraightliner they told me J.B. Hunt had sent someone to pickup the truck. I tried calling J.B. Hunt after fraightliner told me this. Nobody there wood talk to me or tell me anything. After a couple of days I went to apply for a job abd foundout that they had put on my dak report,I had abandoned the truck. 1 trucking company told me that J.B.Hunt had put I had abandonded the truck 2weeks befor I quit on my dak report. Is this not ilegal for them to do? And isn't stealing that stealing sence the truck was still in my prosesion? J.B.Hunt never told me that they were going to pickup the truck and they had my dak report in advance that I was going to abandon the truck. Can i file grand theft charges againist J.B. Hunt? They can not put anything on my dak report untill I do it. I never abandon the truck. Is there anyway I can file charges against J.B.hunt and get my dak report cleaned up? I do want to hear any insults. J.B.Hunt broke the law. I know blackballing is ilegal. I clearly stated to J.B.Hunt that I was going to return the truck to louisvilee,ky after the truck got fixed. The truck should be returned to fraightliner so I am able to return the truck to louisville,ky and my dak report cleared.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-HUNT-Transport/lowell-Arkansas-/JB-HUNT-Transport-falsafying-my-dak-report-so-i-am-not-able-to-work-lowell-Arkansas-553670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JB HUNT Transport

You ARE kidding right?

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

you're going to file grand theft against JB for taking their own truck? Cupcake....you seriously need to go get some schooling.....get your GED or something but for heaven sake.......LEARN HOW TO READ AND WRITE......you alone set truck drivers everywhere back 50 years!!! Just from reading this report, I dont blame JB....I sure as hell would never hire you and most certainly would not trust nor allow you to touch a semi.

Anybody that knows trucking knows the record JB has for screwing drivers over. BUT in this case........I think what pissed you off is you were trying to put the screws to JB over having the truck in the shop, giving your two weeks notice etc  and JB caught wind of the screw over and put a dead stop to it.  You lose......end of story.

Now....go back to school...learn to read and write and maybe even get your GED before you try to play with the big boys again

Dead beat

AUTHOR: RIP - (Canada)

Doug Hart and I entered into a contract to reproduce and sell my design. He broke this contract because he was unable to finish paying for it. So we made an amendment to the original contract. And he has also broke that one also.

Now he will not return phone calls or emails, which I have has this problem with him since 2007.

I wish to recover my rights and everything he took. Two aircraft and lots of parts. I want him to stop advertising and selling any of my designs.

They can't steal their own property

AUTHOR: maingame123 - (USA)

Unless you were an O/Op (not a lease or company driver) they own the truck so they can take it at any time with or without notice. Their only obligation is to ship your personal belongings to you if you aren't given time to remove them.

As far as the DAC report entry if they did not explicitly (via qualcomm - for documentation) tell you to drop and leave the truck at the shop that can be considered abandonment. In general my advice is NEVER GIVE NOTICE IF YOU ARE AN OTR DRIVER they will always find a way to screw you (the load to no where and no help getting home) always wait until you are at the terminal and have arranged for a way home. But if you do give notice always do it in writing (via certified mail - return signature = documentation)

As for cleaning up the DAC.. IF you have no paper trail saying they told you to drop the truck at the shop all you can do it contact DAC (now called USIS) and file a dispute

Good Luck

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Abandoment & Breakdown???

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

ok, jb hunts truck(the one you where driving) broke down and had to be towed to fr8lnr while you where on time off?

If you where on time off why where you driving company equipment?

So then you gave your 2 week notice of quitting.  Then JB Hunt had the truck towed, since it was going to be two weeks to be repaired.

So i am guessing that you where going to sit at home or wherever you where for two weeks, while waiting for the truck to be repaired, thus counting this as your two weeks notice?

if that being the case JB Hunt has the right to have the own equipment towed, as by the time the truck was repaired you would have no longer been a employee of theirs, since you told them you where quitting.  I guessing they had to towed back to a Louisville, Ky shop to repair it themselves.

As for your D.A.C, you can request a copy and file a motion to have the Abandonment removed.(good Luck on that)

Filing charges for towing their OWN equipment, No don't think so.

ok, and just for the record, there has to be more to this, than what your telling us.  I'm pretty sure that JB hunt tried to contact you telling you the equipment was being towed, so you could get your personal items out of it.  Or had you already done that?