Complaint Review: J.B. Hunt Transport

• Updated: Tue, January 05, 2010

• Reported By: BUD — Statesboro Georgia USA
J.B. Hunt Transport
615 JB HUNT Corporate Drive Lowell, Arkansas United States of America

J.B. Hunt Transport Lied and said I abandoned my truck; I was a lease purchase operator; they towed my truck without my consent. Lowell, Arkansas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Contact USIS and challenge

I first started driving trucks in 2007 for Werner Enterprise. When I got about six months of experience, I left Werner and went to JB HUNT for the lease purchase operator position. I was still  new to trucking and I thought lease purchase was better than a company driver. One particular day I was going home for home time and the dispatcher sent a message over the qualcom for me to pick up a load in 24 hrs. I had already told them 7 days ago I needed to be off for 2 days. Well when I read the message about the load, I responded and told them I couldn't accept the load because I had something to do. This was the advantage of being an owner operator; no force dispatch. Anyway about 2:00 p.m I went to get something out of my truck and there was a towing truck connected to my Rig.  The towing company said that JB HUNT contacted them and said I was ignoring the qualcom and I abandoned my truck. I couldn't park the truck where I live because I live in an apartment. So I was parking my Rig about 200 yards from my apartment. I called JB HUNT and the dispatcher said "OH well it's your lost, when you didn't answer the qualcom for about an hour you are considered quiting your job". Now I am having trouble finding a trucking job because truck abandonment is on my dac report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2009 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JB-Hunt-Transport/Lowell-Arkansas-72745/JB-Hunt-Transport-Lied-and-said-I-abandoned-my-truck-I-was-a-lease-purchase-operator-511491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.B. Hunt Transport

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Contact USIS and challenge

AUTHOR: JLKKLJ777 - (USA)

You have the right to contact USIS and challenge the truck abandonment claim. There is a process to go thrugh to have this info either verified or redacted. Either way you can put a rebuttal on the form and any prospective employer will see your side of the story.

There is a paid service that also will try to help clean up your DAC report for a fee. They are called DACFIX and have a pretty good rep for getting BS claims cleared up for drivers.