Complaint Review: JBA Network

• Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: Fighting JBA — Georgia
JBA Network
311 Montford Ave. Asheville, NC 28801 USA Asheville, North Carolina USA

JBA Network mynewsletterbuilder.com Warning: They have your credit card on file, and their customer representatives will ream you. Asheville North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Sorry for your experience

A couple of years ago, I subscribed to a service called My Newsletter Builder, operated by JBA network, to create a digital newsletter with one of my students.  I haven't used the service in the last several months, so when I received an email stating.

This is a friendly reminder that your prepaid MyNewsletterBuilder service will be up for renewal within the next 30 days. To avoid any interruption in service, please click the button below to schedule a one-time renewal of your account.

Alternatively, you may contact us to renew your account, or simply log in to your account and change your billing options under the My Account section

There was a link titled, "CONFIRM."

Nothing in this email suggested that this was a recurring fee; in fact, the wording here is "one-time" renewal.  I DID NOT CLICK ON CONFIRM.

I decided to let the subscription go.  I never received another email.

Yesterday, I found a charge on my Visa card for the amount of a one year subscription to My Newsletter Builder.  I emailed the company.  The email was not answered.  I called the bank and a fraud claim was filed against JBA.  However, it was suggested I call My Newsletter Builder customer service, so I did.  The representative who answered was silent when I told him my issue.  He hemmed and hawed a bit and then said his internet was down.  He asked me if I could call him back in 30 min.  I said no.  I told him that I had filed a fraud report, and he started interrupting me and shouting things like, "Well if you're going to go that route!"  When I tried to talk, he would yell, "Excuse me!  I was talking!"

This is the most unprofressional company I have ever encountered.  I wasn't surpised when I googled their address:

311 Montford Ave.
Asheville, NC 28801 USA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JBA-Network/Asheville-North-Carolina-28801/JBA-Network-mynewsletterbuildercom-Warning-They-have-your-credit-card-on-file-and-the-1077555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JBA Network

Sorry for your experience

AUTHOR: Steve Newman - ()

I am looking into that renewal message now; it certainly reads terribly. Our terms actually state that your account is automatically renewed unless you contact us directly. You are the first and only person to ever report such an experience with our support team. If you are still having issues, please call back and ask for the General Manager - I will be happy to take care of any needs or concerns that you have.