Complaint Review: JC Furniture & Mattress

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: awaiting justice — Bronx New York
JC Furniture & Mattress
538 East Fordham Rd Bronx, New York USA

JC Furniture & Mattress D/B/A NY Discount Furniture Ordered Ashley furniture bedroom set, no delivery and company moved no trace Bronx New York

I placed order No. 01101 a $1,500 cash deposit on a Queen sized Ashley Furniture Gabriela B347 bedroom set from this vendor D/B/A NY Discount  Furniture at 538 E. Fordham Rd, Bronx, NY 10458 on May 9, 2013. I was informed the product has to be custom made and product would arrive 15-20 business days and the balance of $185 could be paid COD. During  the week of June 10th I spoke with Felix (manager) who indicated the delivered would be during the week of June 17th.

I went to NY Discount Furniture's establishment on June 21, 2013 because I did not receive my bedroom set. I was astonish to find the place in shambles with a for rent sign banner as an awning. I spoke with the owner of the property, Automotive Realty Corp. 573 E Fordham Rd Bronx, NY 10458 (718) 933-5111, and informed the established turned in their property keys on Friday, June 21, 2013. My calls to their telephone numbers (917) 631-9300; (917) 631-9301 and (347) 734-4063 were to no avail.

I am quite upset I just got out of shelter system. This money was to furnish my bedroom. I need to report NY Discount Furniture & Mattress did not have a going out of  business sign displayed or informed me of such. They just disappeared. I am hurt because I am trying to get back on my feet. This is very troubling that an establishment would betray me and dishonor their contract.  Wow, I wished I knew other consumers were victimized by this vendor.

Today (Aiugust 26, 2013) I found the company has a Facebook page (JC Discount Furniture). Hopefully an investigation will be started to resolve my complaint and others rendering us whole of this ripoff.  I need to find out if the JC Furniture D/B/A NY Discount Furniture dissolved or reinvent themselves as another entity.

Desired Outcome: I would like my bedroom set delivered as a desired outcome along the 2 night lamps and orthopedic queen sized bed. If this isn't possible, I would like a full refund of my monies along with a unfavorable rating  for this business establishment. Other consumers would be shocked as  well when they find out. I would like a criminal investigation to be placed against this business establishment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JC-Furniture-Mattress/Bronx-New-York-10458/JC-Furniture-Mattress-DBA-NY-Discount-Furniture-Ordered-Ashley-furniture-bedroom-set-1079090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JC Furniture & Mattress