Complaint Review: JCPenney

• Submitted: Fri, January 24, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: okonut — brooklyn New York
137 macdonough brooklyn, New York USA

JCPenney JCPenney and GE Money Bank Cancel my account, then send a letter saying that i owe an enourmous amount of money when i didnt use the card in a year. Started paying and couldn't speak to anyone about my balance or whether owe anything at all. Every customer service agent keeps transfering me to another (6 different agent in one call). Still not able to speak to anyone regarding my account. brooklyn New York

My account was cancelled and have been paying my balance for a few months and try to contact both JCP and GE MONEY (the bank that JCP said was managing my account) unsuccessfully about my account balance. I have tried numerous times to contact customer service and at one time was transfered to 6 customer service agents in one call, and still was unable to get any information about my account. I am stopping complete payment on my account until i can verify that i do have an outstanding balance.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JCPenney-/brooklyn-New-York-11216/JCPenney-JCPenney-and-GE-Money-Bank-Cancel-my-account-then-send-a-letter-saying-that-i-1118153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenney