• Report: #207257

Complaint Review: J.D. BYRIDER, CNAC

• Submitted: Mon, August 21, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 30, 2006

• Reported By:hephzibah Georgia
1801 Gordon Hwy Augusta, Georgia U.S.A.

J.D. BYRIDER, CNAC finance manager is very rude, disrespectful, tells lies and is repossing my car for being two days late Augusta Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: JD Byrider is a rip-off, but no kill switches, just dead cars

*Consumer Comment: Is this a really a ripoff? Or are you just venting?

I recently purchased a 1998 chevy malibu in july. The total sale price of the car is way to much $10,478.00 with a finance cahrge of 22%. By the time the car is paid off it will cost $15,690.20. I put a down payment of $1000.00.

The car has a few thing wrong with but i chose to fix them myself because of how rude they are. The back passenger window popped off track on a friday night and i called them that saturday morning to get it fixed, their manager ken told me to put a plastic bag over the window until monday or tuesday. that isn't something you tell your customers.

This past week i was in louisiana for over two weeks and sent my car payment by money gram to my dad. He forgot to go get the money and got it on a sunday. The payment was due that friday but wasn't paid until that monday. They said they would not post my payment until i came in and talked to them.

I came home the following friday night and as soon as i was pulling in the yard my car stalls. I call them the next morning to see why they wouldn't post my payment and told them that the car wasn't running. I was talking with the finance manager walter(cnac), he said they were gonna come get the car and i might would hear from them monday. He said he didn't know when they would post my payment.

I got to thinking after i hung up the phone that they were coming to repo my car. So i called him back and asked if i had to pay for the tow truck and he said eventually. I then asked him if they were gonna repo the car and he said "what if we were", i said he could not come get the car because i was gonna have my mechanic look at it first. He said very rudely that i had until monday before 12:00 noon to be in the office or it was my consequences and he hung up on me.

My mechanic came over and brought his computer to check the car. He checked several things on it and nothing was showing up wrong with the car. He said the only thing that could be wrong with it was that J.D.BYRIDER had to have a chip in it that lets them cut your car off.

Monday i was at cnac before 12:00 and the finance manager was very rude. He told me that my payment was 10 days late when i have a reciept that says it was 2 days late. I then tolkd him what my mechanic said and he denied that wasn't whats wrong with the car. He told me i couldn't follow the rules and they were coming to get the car voluntary ot involuntary. I did ask if i would get back $1170.00 and he told me NO! He got up walked to the door and told me we were through.

I advise anyone not to buy a car from them. They tell you what you want to hear at first to get some of your money. I have never in my life met someone so rude and hateful that has to deal with the public. Now i am without a car and my money to get another car.

hephzibah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2006 11:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-BYRIDER-CNAC/Augusta-Georgia-30904/JD-BYRIDER-CNAC-finance-manager-is-very-rude-disrespectful-tells-lies-and-is-repossin-207257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on J.D. BYRIDER, CNAC

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

JD Byrider is a rip-off, but no kill switches, just dead cars

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Sorry to inform you, but JD Byrider does not have kill switches on the cars they sell, they just have dead cars. My husband was a mechanic at Marietta, GA JD Byrider and he said that they didn't have kill switches, they just put bad cheap parts on the cars. Take something off a repo to fix a car...they don't care where they get the parts as long as you buy the car and owe them the money. Don't blame the service department, it is the sales men, CNAC, Controllers, and Upper Management. They are the crooks.

Is this a really a ripoff? Or are you just venting?

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

If I did my calculations correctly, you were late on the 3rd payment to them? This has NOTHING to do with JDB, I am NOT defending them at all. You signed a contract, you promised to make payments, you failed to live up to that contract. Since you had to go to JDB to buy a car, it appears that not living up to your obligations is a pattern, and places like JDB know that. That is why they install the kill switch in their cars. It is a common practice now with buy-here-pay-here lots, when you are late with your payments, they will flip a switch and presto, your car won't start anymore.

JDB has heard every excuse in the book as to why a payment is late, and 90% of them are lies.