Complaint Review: JD Byrider

• Reported By: Misti R — Tipton Indiana United States of America
JD Byrider
5050 W. 38th St., Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

JD Byrider CNAC Bad cars worse service Indianapolis, Indiana

I had recently been divorced and my credit took a giant hit for it. My cousin had a good experience with JD Byrider, a different location, so I thought I was "good to go" as they're slogan stated. After being shown two cars I chose the third one. A 2003 PT Cruiser. I had noticed some problems with rough ride, a popping noise in the front end, and a cracked taillight. The salesman wrote me out a repair slip and stated these issues will be looked at and to make an appointment. The next business day I called to make an appointment. It all went smoothly. I was instructed to drop off my vehicle in the a.m. and it would be ready that afternoon.

Standard proceedure for a dealership. I let them know that since they were over an hours drive away that I would be waiting on my car that day at the dealership. I had no one willing or able to make such a long round trip twice in a day. I arrived on time, gave them the keys, and hunkered down in the waiting room. After about 6 hours of waiting I was finally told what was wrong with the car: bad sway bar bushings and broken belts in the tire. I had to make another appointment for the repairs. That appointment went the same way except I did wait ALL day.

My car was not done until 4:30 pm. I was a bit upset by this as they should have had plenty of time to have the parts on hand and these repairs can be completed within 4 hours or so. I was again waiting on site from 8:30 am! But there was nothing I could do. I thanked them and went on my way. A few months later my transmission started making a loud screaming noise. I decided to take the car to a JD byrider closer to me in Anderson, IN. I made the appointment and hung around for the estimate. They suggested a replacement used tranny. They called 38th street for authorization and I would be called when they had the tranny on site.

I dropped of the car in the am left with my ride, and finally 5 days later got my car back. They had contracted the work out and that garage had gotten busy. They waited three days and took th car and tranny and just did it themselves. Fine whatever I thought. They took care of me. Until a month later and that transmission stopped shifting and was stuck in first gear! This time the Anderson garage towed it in, I waited another week for them to get authorization, the part, and replacement. Finally I'm done...so I thought. Nope this tranny went out as well. No big surprise, it was used as well. I called 38th street and try got a rebuilt one on order. Yay I'm happy again!

Then just the other day it stopped shifting, after the battery light and a screaming noise. Omg! Will it ever end!!!??? So now my car is sitting at 38th street. I felt no need to have it back at Anderson. Who am I supposed to trust? Well since my car was towed in to the garage I get to wait until there is time between appointments...are they serious? If I could've devined I'd have an issue I'd have made an appointment! Anywho I'm on the 3rd business day, 5th calendar day, without my vehicle and they haven't even looked at it! Not even pulled it in the garage!! I have paid my car payments religiously and even paid extra and they can't even look at my car!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider/Indianapolis-Indiana-46254/JD-Byrider-CNAC-Bad-cars-worse-service-Indianapolis-Indiana-1026914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider