Complaint Review: JD Byrider

• Updated: Tue, February 11, 2014

• Reported By: marie — raleigh North Carolina
JD Byrider
5101 New Bern Ave Raleigh, North Carolina USA

JD Byrider Unethical predatory company. Credit impaired be aware, they will sell you a car with tons of extras...extra troubles that is!! Raleigh North Carolina

*Author of original report: Need your help?? Nah, you need a dictionary:)

*Author of original report: Ignorant/irrelevant

*Consumer Comment: Typical subprime borrower exaggeration

*Consumer Comment: Let me help you write a part of your report more accurately...

This company preys on those with credit problems who are desperate for a vehicle. Their unethical practices will land you in a worse position then when you walked through their doors. They advertise "we work hard to get you the car and financing you need", but they left off the most important part of the statement. It should read...."we work hard to get you the car and financing you need, to pay 5-7 times the value of an unsafe vehicle, that you will never drive because it has a plethora of problems". "Good to go" warranty means good to go home and that's about it. They claim their comprehensive inspection covers up to 115 items, and they do just that. They "cover up" any problems long enough for a test drive and the ink to dry on the contract. Once you drive off the lot the problems are soon to follow. I had bad credit, no down payment, and was desperate for a vehicle. They got me in there because of the option of no money down, credit improvements with timely payments, and the extended warranty offered. They offered me three cars at extortionary prices. The prices are literally 5-7 times the vehicle value (if it were in good condition). Despite my better judgement, and out of sheer desperation, I test drove the cars. The vehicle didn't seem to have any problems, they have a warranty plan, and my need for transportation led to me signing a contract. They stated at least two times that they do not do loaner cars, yes this should have been another rip off red flag!!!!

Two days after I bought the vehicle the malfunction indicator lamp illuminated. I bought a gas cap hoping that would solve the problem. Well it didn't. The vehicle just stopped one day while I was driving into my parking lot. It restarted, but this keeps happening. A day later I notice a popping noise when I turn AND the brakes started squeaking. Now, less than two weeks after purchasing the vehicle, the heat/air stops working. So now I have a vehicle with no heat, that intermittently runs, and an "affordable payment", that if I am 5 minutes late on they will reposses. Yes I need it fixed, however their "affordable" on site repair shop needs the vehicle for about three weeks. So, since they don't do loaner cars, I would need to rent a car for the time and continue to make my car payment. Needless to say this was the worst mistake possible for my situation. These people prey on those in bad situations, those who are desperate to get to work, to make steps to improve. This place is a complete rip off!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27610/JD-Byrider-Unethical-predatory-company-Credit-impaired-be-aware-they-will-sell-you-a-ca-1122831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider

Need your help?? Nah, you need a dictionary:)

AUTHOR: marie - ()

Let me help you, the public library is FREE!! They have dictionaries. Also, miriam-webster has a website. Rebuttal, "to expose the falsity of, to make an answer or counter proof." Your "rebuttal" is simply an ignorant comment directed toward me. You disprove nothing. I made it clear in the report that I have bad credit. My credit is not the issue to disprove, what this company does is the issue. They state in their advertising that bad things happen to good people, and how they are so understanding, etc.... That being said, making negative and irrelevant comments about my credit do nothing to support the company. It makes you appear to be an offended employee of a company you know is a rip off.

Ignorant/irrelevant

AUTHOR: marie - ()

Yes, you are correct, my credit is my fault regardless. Some people end up with bad credit as a result of poor decisions, over spending, etc... Sometimes, it is a result of circumstances that arise even when one lives within their means and spends responsibly. Regarless of the reason, that changes nothing as far as reporting a company that is rip off. Your comment is irrelevant and ignorant. If it was an attempt to defend the company, it was a failed attempt.

Typical subprime borrower exaggeration

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- 5 Minutes?  Seriously you know that you have more time than 5 minutes before that happens.  So if you are obviously exaggerating this, what else could you be exaggerating to try and make your "story" more sympathetic.

Here are some facts for you.  They are NOT forcing you to buy their cars, but because you are a sub-prime borrower and have not proven you can handle credit you are considered a higher risk.  Higher Risk = Higher costs..that is just the way it is regardless of what you are talking about.   So you had a choice..pay their price or find somewhere else, or here is a shock...figure some way to make it work without getting a car right away instead saving some money up until you can pay cash.   Oh and if you say that that is impossible, here is a question what would you have done if even they denied you?

If them telling you twice that they didn't do rental cars and this was such a big red flag for you..why did you still continue to go through with the purchase?  Oh that's right you were "desparate" and because YOU screwed up your credit they are the only ones who would even think about financing you.

You sound like a person who even though they are told the stovetop is on would touch it and then when you get burned blame the person that told you it was hot.

Let me help you write a part of your report more accurately...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"These people prey on those in bad situations, those who are desperate to get to work, to make steps to improve" My more accurate version would read...I got in this "situation" by being a serial deadbeat and they were the only ones I could buy a car from. How's that for a WAY better description of your "situation?"