Complaint Review: JD Byrider

• Submitted: Wed, May 27, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 16, 2009

• Reported By:Reading Pennsylvania
JD Byrider
2261 Lancaster Pike Reading, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

JD Byrider Ripped me off repeatedly Reading Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: They've Been More Than Fair to You!

*Consumer Comment: lawyer up

I bought a car from them in June of 08 I have always made the payments on time. The car however has been in the shop once a month for the past 10 months. It first started when the car over heated and was very hard to turn left. On the way home from the dealership it started to tap and overheat again a block from my home so I called them and they sent a tow truck out and took it back to the shop. They informed me that it needed a new engine and implied that it must have been my fault because there was mud and scrape marks on the underside of the bumper. They replaced the engine and put another rack and pinion in the car. A month later the car overheated again. they put a new radiator cap on and said it was fixed and it overheated again. They finally fixed that along with all these berings that it supposedly needed each time me paying 50 dollars for the warrenty. After that it needed brakes and an oil change that was in October of 2008 and cost me 197 dollars (not covered under warrenty). This past January (of 2009) it needed brakes for a second time this time they replaced that for free. The service secretary said I must have been putting excess miles on it and that they weren't sure they could wave the 50 dollar fee but the store manager said even if I were flying up to every traffic light and slamming the brakes on it shouldn't have gone through them in 3 months(so the 50 dollar fee was waved). The transmisson was leaking and slipping they finally fixed that after taking 2 weeks to get it in that was when the warrenty ran out. Here it is comming up on inspection time and I need front brakes again. At one point the account manager said that he felt with all the problems we should talk to the store manager and see if we could get a different vehicle. He said no so the account manager told us to call corporate they don't deal with that and now the account manager and store manager won't return our calls. Anyone have any idea what I can do would really appreciate that.

Larry
Reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/JD-Byrider/Reading-Pennsylvania-19607/JD-Byrider-Ripped-me-off-repeatedly-Reading-Pennsylvania-455897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JD Byrider

They've Been More Than Fair to You!

AUTHOR: Trisha - (United States of America)

It sounds like the company has been very fair to you. Most others car dealers would tell you good luck as you drove off the lot with the car. All vehicles are sold As-Is, unless disclosed with a warranty. I don't understand what your complaining about, but they've been more than fair with you in regards to this vehicle that you had purchased from them. It shows that they stand behind the vehicles that they sell, and spending $50 for them to replace the engine is nothing. All repair shops charge a diagnoistics fee and most charge between $65-$100. I would say that you made out very good here, and I would continue to make your payments so you could eventually go and get a nicer vehicle. If you fail to make your payments to them, and they eventually repo your car, you'll be stuck with a repo on your credit report and it'll hurt you for the next 7-10 years on obtaining credit especially in these credit markets today.

Good Luck!

lawyer up

AUTHOR: CutTheGrass - (USA)

speak to a lawyer who deals in lemon cars. There is a bunch in the phone book (i'm from reading i've seen them before)