Complaint Review: jd byryder

• Reported By: matthais — des plaines Illinois
jd byryder
north av Glendale heights il Glendale heights, Illinois USA

jd byryder Cnac seemed good..... at first.... Glendale heights Illinois

So, I went here because I had a credit score below 500.

They went through my finances. It was like being under a microscope.

I was given an offer, a 2001 Taurus with 94k miles, 6500 dollars. 25 percent interest.

THEY FILM YOU WITH A WEB CAM WHILE SIGNING PAPERWORK!!!

Paid every payday, 159 and change.... I never missed a payment.

Overall the car was drivable, but I did have a starter and alternator fail within 3 months. Constant squealing nose from engine and shift lock problem when putting in drive. The inspection they claim to put each car through is very limited. I could do the same thing when buying a car through an auction.

The service department is friendly, but 5 different trips to resolve the squealing, and 3 to find a violent leak??? They aren't open on Saturday, so expect to miss work when you have an issue. Also you have to make appointment in advance which is usually 2 weeks backlogged.

2 years later, the car has become a rust bucket. I washed and waxed and tried to prevent rust.... Engine knock under load. Slipping transmission. No longer under warranty.....

I still owed 1 year and 3 months left and the payoff was still 4500 dollars plus!

Car max took this car. It appraised for 500 dollars! I had to roll over the 4000 plus negative equity into a much newer vehicle.

Yes, they gave me credit when no one else would. But they definitely make you pay for it and 2 years later you will still be paying for it. It gets worse over time because the car is old and can't get any better then it is the day you drive it off the lot......

Yes my credit got better. This is more due to a family member adding me on her credit card rather then by byryder.....

Realize 3 years ago this Taurus blue book was about 2800 dollars! 3 years later I STILL owed 4500!

The final kicker was they refused to acknowledge I had an account with them to car max! They wanted to keep me locked in! BEWARE!

Steer CLEAR!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/jd-byryder/Glendale-heights-Illinois/jd-byryder-Cnac-seemed-good-at-first-Glendale-heights-Illinois-1086435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on jd byryder